Mancunian Dialect

Lmarkham-blueblood

Most of the people on this board are mancunians (including myself) so lets introduce our overseas blues to our way of speaking.

e.g.

1: ey up duck/chuck (also, alright mate) = hello

Mither: A replacement for the word 'bother'

"shut up you mithering twat"

"go and mither some fucker else"

Lmarkham-blueblood said:
Most of the people on this board are mancunians (including myself) so lets introduce our overseas blues to our way of speaking.

e.g.

Ey up duck? What part of Manchester are you from?

cityfansimon said:
Lmarkham-blueblood said:

e.g.

Been watching Coronation Street I think, that's the only time I ever heard someone say 'chuck' (and usually by a Yorkshire actress!)

What about ''Come on Citeh''?

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
cityfansimon said:
Lmarkham-blueblood said:

e.g.

Been watching Coronation Street I think, that's the only time I ever heard someone say 'chuck' (and usually by a Yorkshire actress!)

What about ''Come on Citeh''?
Ah, good old wetherfield. What about "happens it be" at the start of every sentence to?

Been living/working abroad last 7 years.. I need an official translator to go with me everywhere (usually one of posh mates) so that any fooker can understand me.. still cant shake the manc tongue!!!

Not pronouncing T's and ending words with OR instead of ER seems to get lost on most people!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.