Mancunian Way closed this Saturday?

Mental_blue said:
Just checked the signs. They say

Saturday 6AM to 3.30PM

Sunday 6AM to 6PM

So, might be a ballache getting to the ground if you normally go that way but it looks like it should be clear going home after the game.
You are absolutely correct I've checked with some one I know at the Council and it is opening up for 1530 on Saturday instead of the usual 1800 because of the matchday traffic.

Us lads that are working on the Manc. Way will try our best to get it done as fast as we can. I'll be at the game no doubt.

Mental_blue said:
Just checked the signs. They say

Saturday 6AM to 3.30PM

Sunday 6AM to 6PM
Slight correction, it's Sunday 6am to 8pm, or at least the sign on Cambridge Street says that anyway.

-- Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:22 am --

Simon Le Tom said:
why not do it on International Weekend. Traffic's gonna be murder.
International Weekend = Challenge Cup Weekend....

shutting the manc way on a saturday match day + with shoppers = fucking pandemonium

Gelsons Dad said:
Wow! Thanks for the heads up. Last time I missed 30 minutes because of this.
So can someone tell me the best way to get to CoMS from the M61?
Take your pick really, but driving clockwise around the city centre (preferably around the M60) and coming in from the east (or the north-east) should avoid most of the chaos, which will be heavily concentrated on the city centre and the south side of the ring road in particular. You can't drive through the city centre at the best of times, but plenty of idiots will try it anyway. The sensible people will park at Eccles/Besses/Trafford Park/Centre/Stockport and get the tram/bus/train into town, or just sack it off and go to the Trafford Centre. But then, Saturday shoppers aren't usually sensible.

Oh, and roadworks for the tramlines make Ashton New Road (Asda/W*Mart) via Duki a VERY bad choice at the moment. Same for A6/Crescent from East Lancs way, terrible traffic. Oldham Road/Hyde Road/Ashton Old Road should be OK but Regent Road or Princess Road would be a very silly idea indeed.

On the plus side, anyone who manages to approach from the west side and parks that side should have a really easy getaway ;-)

True, but it all has a "knock on" effect (ithangyow) and Regent Road very quickly snares up to the M60/M62 junction at busy times.

Plus, we're here every other week, and that was a national sporting cup final, not just a football match. There's a good reason why they've picked a day when 40K are heading to CoMS, and not when 76K are heading to Old Trafford. The queues for OT on a utd match day start on Kingsway.

Funny thing is, if rain is predicted, they can't tarmac. Saturday looks OK but Sunday will be a write off. Why not do it over the summer??!

Train to Picc then walk or bus to EA. EDIT: sorry, it looks shit, I'm calling it CoMS. COMS!

If you must drive, take a detour south round the M60 and head in via Kingsway/Longsight/Kirkmanshulme Lane or via Hyde Road.

I certainly wouldn't use the bus from Urmston. It'll be pretty much gridlock once you pass Eccles.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.