Mangala or Demichelis?

Mattyc55

For this season it has to be Demi, because Mangala (barring a good debut) has been bang average so far.. in fact he actually looks like a clone of his french teammate Sakho. Clumsy on the ball, poor positioning and even losing a lot of his headers today against the other Sakho.

Martin has his mistakes in him but for me hes currently the much more assured of the two (especially away from home), as these games are seemingly exposing Mangala's frailties. Its early days but I hope we have got this one right because £32m is a hell of a lot of money for a young CB.

Would you give him a long run in the side or try and bed him in and choose his games selectively?

You have to allow players time to adapt. Demichelis had an awful start to last season - all quickly forgotten now and x is just sh1t.

Marvin said:
You have to allow players time to adapt. Demichelis had an awful start to last season - all quickly forgotten now and x is just sh1t.

He did, but I genuinely thought Mangala would come in and at least look good on the ball. It was like watching Lescott at times today and away at Hull.

I really like Mangala and thought he played well today. He will get better and better given time. Demichalis reads the game well but hasn't quite got the legs anymore.

If we'd left Martin as exposed as we left Mangala, West Ham would probably of had about 8 and he'd probably of been sent off. All game he was left completely exposed against pacey and strong opposition, with space in behind him, yet did remarkably well to contain them most of the time. A few nervy clearances, but he did exceptionally well under the circumstances. He wasn't the problem.

Mattyc55 said:
Marvin said:

He did, but I genuinely thought Mangala would come in and at least look good on the ball. It was like watching Lescott at times today and away at Hull.
Rubbish! He's a few levels up from Lescott when it comes to passing. For a start he passes forward.

Mancini Manus Domini said:
Mattyc55 said:
Marvin said:

Rubbish! He's a few levels up from Lescott when it comes to passing. For a start he passes forward.

Im not disputing that, but his ball retention at times has been shocking in the few games hes played. What about that awful sidewards pass at the end when we had about 15 seconds left? 2 minutes earlier stitching up Hart? I just personally dont like what iv seen from him so far, but its all about opinions.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.