Mangala

Status
Not open for further replies.
United are interested in otamendi I think its obvious that valencia are using us to get more from them .
Even though mangala has had a difficult season he has not been that bad the media are making out it to be .

somebody must have seen something in Mangala that I never last season,he was poor last season maybe it will take him that season to settle in ,I hope so,but as for raving about him not just yet I don't think

I'm certainly not raving about him, He wasn't immense but he wasn't poor. For me, he was probably our most consistent defender last season. That's not saying an awful lot but it gives me hope. The problem lies with the system and the lack of cover the system provides, not just to our centre backs but to the entire team as a defensive unit. We consistently saw poor teams slice through us like we wasn't there last season because of basic things like a lack of positional cover and the team seemingly more interested in being in the right place they've been told to be in rather than actually bothering to track a dangerous run. For me, it's a coaching and tactical issue not a player problem. I believe Mangala on last season's form would of looked excellent in Chelsea's rigid defensive formation.

Mangala may well become one of the best defenders in the world.

Big season for Mangala
Hope he play like he did against Chelsea at home .
Next season ........

nyep.gif

Had he been playing next to the Kompany of the season before IMO we would have seen more from Mangala. He showed glimpses of his potential last season and given another season alongside a Vinny on top of his own form and (hopefully) injury free then we could see a defensive partnership that will be hard to break down

I wonder if Pep will try and work with him on his defending rather than booting him out. He transformed similar players like Boateng and Abidal.

Its all of our central defenders. We have no clear system nor tactics under Pelle which always leaves our centre backs exposed, especially by the left side. Look how Kolarov cannot defend for his life and leaves whoever's there alone. Mandala has the same attributes as Boateng does, not that their close, but if Pep keeps him and trains him properly in a system like Bayerns then he can become a beast. Big IF though. Id keep him, Kompany, Otamendi, Mangala and Denayer would still be the best 4 cb options in the league.

I am not sure we'll be able to get out of him those, what, 40m GBP we paid.

On a serious note, when I look at some of our transfers, the only thing that I can think of that can justify it is 'Money Laundering'.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.