Manny Pacquiao to fight Antonio Margarito

leighton said:
Pac against Margarito at a catch weight yet again. Pac is getting the better deal. He had Golden Boy dropping pounds and pounds to fight him the same with Cotto and now with Margarito. I say if you want to fight at light middleweight then fight at the limits of it IF not then no titles should be on the line. Margarito has the chin and power to cause problems to Pac.
I wonder what they will market the fight as Innocent maybe,.
Correct. There's no way the title should be up grabs if the actual fight weight is closer to welter than light-middle. Are there any vacant titles at light-middleweight at the moment anyway?

Williams fight with Money wont happen after that joke fight that Williams had with Cintron that should be a rematch between those 2.
Martinez I hope it gets done as it will be a real test for Money. Sadly Martinez at Light middleweight against Money I cant see happening as Martinez wont be able to make the weight and Money fighting a Middleweight will be too much. So the Cotto fight is the only fight at Light Middleweight that can happen. I wouldnt mind seeing Berto getting a chance at Money or Pac but sadly at the moment he doesnt sell the tickets and needs to take the Mosley fight to get him a Super fight if he wins it.

leighton said:
Williams fight with Money wont happen after that joke fight that Williams had with Cintron that should be a rematch between those 2.
Martinez I hope it gets done as it will be a real test for Money. Sadly Martinez at Light middleweight against Money I cant see happening as Martinez wont be able to make the weight and Money fighting a Middleweight will be too much. So the Cotto fight is the only fight at Light Middleweight that can happen. I wouldnt mind seeing Berto getting a chance at Money or Pac but sadly at the moment he doesnt sell the tickets and needs to take the Mosley fight to get him a Super fight if he wins it.
I don't see why Martinez wouldn't be able to make 154 tbh leighton. He always comes in way under the 160 middleweight limit (157 for the Williams fight), he fought Cintron at 154 18 months ago so I can't see him have much trouble making it.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
connor who's the draw here? You know my stand point on smackman so leaving that aside does it not set alarm bells off that he would take this diabolical fight against a known cheat for a 10th of what his payout would be even at a 60/40 split.

Zin in no way is there proof or even a suggestion until Floyd the cnut piped up during first round of negotiations about blood testing. If Pac was doing something he would of agreed and then not done said drugs but to say no suggests something very different in his argument

That last sentence is rather funny.
I can tell you now for a fact that bob arum never got round a table with mayweather, and you say the issue of drugs was brought up by mayweather and his camp? wrong wrong wrong.....Thomas Hauser a well respected boxing journo and author raised the issue in an article he put out 2 years ago, had nothing to do with mayweather, and on the back of said article and his influence in the boxing writers association the boxing commissions have started to implement olympic style testing, the nevada state commission being one of the biggest advocates. Now at a guess, and this is an educated guess, the fight was being pushed for vegas and with the influence floyd has there the drug testing would of been at a maximum, something i hasten to add is being pushed by all the major promoters except? yep top rank and bob arum. As someone who boxed at a good level i can tell you this now, the transferal of power through the division and the punch resistance doesn't stack up, in fact its a bloody disgrace. As for lack of proof......... anyone who has trevor graham in there camp is a grade A cheat in my book, ask marianne jones.

leighton said:

Every boxing thread on bluemoon contains an opinion of yours with which I agree. This is no different.

Zin how far did you get in boxing if you dont mind me asking. Always respect former fighters and are normally great for the odd story here and there about fighting in the good old days when it went 15 rounds.

As for Martinez fighting Money I would guess Arum would be pushing for Pavlik to get a rematch IF possible. If not then I would guess Martinez may want to have a easy fight first before he steps into the ring with Money. No way would Martinez want to fight 2 big fights on the trot. I feel that it will happen but maybe next year.

As for juiced up Pac well something is up. I remember his wars with Marquez were he was lucky to get the better of Marquez. Then to move up from Super Featherweight were in his last two fights he won on the cards. To then start Koing people for fun. Fair enough 1 weight division maybe 2 you could see his power. But to move up all the weight divisions and still have the power he does makes me think something isnt right. We will never know if he has been juiced or not but it is such a shame as I remember his early fights Barrera and Morales and that fighter back then was a sensational fighter who was great to watch and there no signs of him juiced back then compare to now. Those are the fights I will remember from Pac his later fights wont stay with me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.