Mansfield Town (h), 1998, attendance 3007, were you there?

I was with M18CTID from this forum

ten of us booked the tiny MEN sweet own bar and a tell deep in the bowels of the stadium

we tried to book it for the whole season but they wouldn't allow us

those were the heady days

Makes me cringe when blues have a go when there's only 52,000 at the swamp.

i was there...lea peacocks rocket freekick flying past tommy wright,and pocket of mansfield fans taking the piss in the north stand at us in the kippax lower only.

mammyjam said:
I was at York at home does that count? I was 9 tbh we won 4-0
Me too. I was 9 as well. The band that plays the version of blue moon played that day after the match.

yup, was in attendence. none of my mates fancied it, so took this bird from work i was after, telling her what a laugh it is at city, banter, good crowds etc. yeah.... that one didn't go so well. there was a bloke sat next to me who'd brought his son, saying the same things, and we were just laughing our heads off
and no, i didn't pull said bird (mostly down to me being a spaz back then though)

Find it interesting that other big clubs who've been relegated to the third tier got much bigger attendances to their home games in the AWS/JPT. Leeds and Southampton got more than 8k, Sheff Utd more than 5 and a half. Wonder why that is? Given we had much better support in the league than them I suspect it's largely because City fans had far less respect for that competition?

To those who went I salute you, for what it's worth I reckon that's just as impressive, if not more impressive than York away. For the record I definitely was not there, give I was a 12 year old living in Australia in the very early stages of my City supporting days!

Bluejon are you sure that was because you were a spaz, rather than her immense disappointment at the occasion?

I think that everyone at the club wanted no part in this competition. It was just a reminder of how far we had sunk. Should have been played behind closed doors! I struggle to fathom why anyone wanted to see us progress in this. A pure driven sense of duty maybe.

The Colonel said:
I think that everyone at the club wanted no part in this competition. It was just a reminder of how far we had sunk. Should have been played behind closed doors! I struggle to fathom why anyone wanted to see us progress in this. A pure driven sense of duty maybe.

I do seem to remember a number of our 'better' players missing this game. Must have worked, given our second half of the season charge up the table, and probably had little to do with us signing Terry Cooke after all.

citymad said:
Makes me cringe when blues have a go when there's only 52,000 at the swamp.

I cringe every time I read one of your posts. Still think we'll finish outside the top 4 ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.