Mansour happy even if City don't win league title....

We have made great progess with Mancini, broken more records than i can remember this year. play great football.

How ppl can question him, is beyond stupid, these guys seems to rather risk to upset the entire squad just to change manager, who knows what will happen when the other guy want to make it his own team.

This team, these players we are watching every week, we can thank Mancini for. Look att KKK he went on the all brittish route, you rather want to watch that?

yes we had a couple of slip ups, i dont blame Mancini for all of them, after all, the Players need to take some blame for some games where they didnt play up top standards, NO team in the world can go a season with out, a bad run. look at barca,RM,Byern munchen,Milan

Last year the Title was WON on 80 points exactly what we have now, with 3 more games to go. so if we were to fall short, our point telly should have won us the title in the majority of years i believe.

Support our manager our manager for havens sake.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
johnny crossan said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Regardless of the outcome though, I respect your opinion. I don't agree with it always, but too many blues these days don't challenge the supposed consensus.
It's a consensus, I believe, mainly out of fear and the unknown.
I find Mancini to be a classy individual, but don't rate him half as highly as some do on here.
I'm indifferent to him staying on as manager or not. I would certainly not weep buckets.
I seriously think if you throw enough shit at the wall, something will eventually stick.
Too many people give Mancini too much of the credit
We are where we are because of Sheikh Mansour's money, nothing else.
If David Silva, Yaya and Aguero were at Stoke, I would certainly expect Stoke to be challenging at some point.
sad to read that Tolm - why the downbeat stuff - what happened to the fun?

It's just my own perspective, mate.

I honestly believe any club gets to a stage where they are competitive at the top end with the right investment, regardless of manager.

Chelsea are a firm example of this in recent years. Their players turn it on and off like a light switch when they can be arsed.

They did it under Hiddink, and now De Matteo.

...you've just totally contradicted your arguement.

It is exactly the presence of a good manager that brings consistency to these players. Chelsea are the perfect example of the importance of a manger that can motivate.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Didsbury Dave said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Not sure why I have been brought into a discussion about Mancini's future

Also not quite sure why the hysteria regarding the comments, they don't smack of timing or agenda.

They smack of answering a pertinent question at the time, considering it was put to him at the end of the interview.

Mancini has not been given a new contract up to this stage for good reason, same reason, the owners have been prudent for months.

Give it up, Tolm.

Haven't you read? That was The Sheikh officially offering Mancini a new contract, thus smiting Mourinho a killer blow.

COming next on Blue Moon: a celebtration of our famous third title win after Nigel De Jong states "we believe we can win all three games"

Regardless of the outcome though, I respect your opinion. I don't agree with it always, but too many blues these days don't challenge the supposed consensus.

I find Mancini to be a classy individual, but don't rate him half as highly as some do on here.

I'm indifferent to him staying on as manager or not. I would certainly not weep buckets.

I seriously think if you throw enough shit at the wall, something will eventually stick.

Too many people give Mancini too much of the credit.

If David Silva, Yaya and Aguero were at Stoke, I would certainly expect Stoke to be challenging at some point.

Rubbish.

This is the same uninformed argument that states that Guardiola isn't a very good coach, and that Mark Hughes would win us the league. We are where we are because Shiekh Mansours money bought good players that our manager got playing in a successful style.

The daftness of your position is that you argue against yourself. First you state that Mancini was an upgrade on Hughes, then state that anybody would be challenging with this squad. Make your mind up, either the management matters or it doesn't.

City Raider said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
johnny crossan said:

I honestly believe any club gets to a stage where they are competitive at the top end with the right investment, regardless of manager.

Chelsea are a firm example of this in recent years. Their players turn it on and off like a light switch when they can be arsed.

It is exactly the presence of a good manager that brings consistency to these players. Chelsea are the perfect example of the importance of a manger that can motivate.
Its like he credit the players for where we are, but will blame our manager if we dont win the title

its a disgrace IMO. if it wasnt for Mancini we wouldnt be watching Silva,Augero,Yaya week in week out.

thank fuck.

what a beautiful man he is!!

so glad he's backing mancini.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
johnny crossan said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Too many people give Mancini too much of the credit

I always thought Mark Hughes was a fraud, it just needed an upgrade to take it to the next level.

That was Bobby. It would be short-sighted to suggest there are not other candidates who are an extension of my argument.

You and Dave are always going at it, but in my mind, you are both very similar characters.

Both are able to get their passion for the club across.

I have always said that whatever the owners deem appropriate, we have to go with the flow, we entered into that bargain on the day of the takeover.[/quote]

Whatever the owners deem appropriate?? You go with the flow/enter the bargain the day you choose the team you are going to support!

richards30 said:
johnny crossan said:
Just in passing I'd like to thank my source for his prediction which I revealed on the now deleted Roberto Mancini thread a fortnight ago. Not a public contract yet but I think we can be confident that Bob has been told he's the man to take us forward. I'm sure Billy, PB, Dismal, SWPB and the rest will graciously acknowledge their scepticism was misplaced.
Speaking to Abu Dhabi TV before the President's Cup final at the Zayed Sports City Stadium on Sunday, Sheikh Mansour said: "The difference is three points and we do have a chance.
"But whatever happens and even if we don't win I am very happy and satisfied with the players, the team and the management.
"They have performed very well and have improved in their last few matches."
i nwould imagine though IF mancini stays then he will get a chat from khaldhoon and the owner about his man-management style then?? even when nasri scored against wolves mancini had a scowl on his face and he needs to learn not to be iron fist constantly!! yes we had missed chances but it might be nice for the players to be applauded etc when they score?

Well, the media can limit what we see/know and what we're interested in knowing, they can shape the public view/opinion in different ways depending of what is the objective.

Here's a quote to ponder.

"We are going to impose our agenda on the coverage by dealing with issues and subjects that we choose to deal with." Richard M. Cohen, Senior Producer of CBS news."

BBC/Sky Sport ain't no different - (anti-City agenda)

back to man‑management style

Everyone and his dog in the media talks about Harry's man‑management style as his greatest asset. At spuds, player after player lines up to say how much Harry has done for them, how Harry's management style and approach made the all difference in their career.

Right, lets take a look at the league table......Oh

zeven said:
City Raider said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Its like he credit the players for where we are, but will blame our manager if we dont win the title

its a disgrace IMO. if it wasnt for Mancini we wouldnt be watching Silva,Augero,Yaya week in week out.

He's right about the Sheikh - without his investment we wouldn't have been able to recruit Mancini and the quality players we have - but the rest of it is simplistic bollocks IMO. Spending big money helps a great deal but you need a good management structure in place too. To pretty much absolve Mancini of any credit whatsoever is totally laughable. As others have stated, a different manager might've seen similar amounts of money spunked by us on the wrong type of players to mount a serious challenge at the top of the table. You only have to look down the East Lancs Road to see an example of a manager spending big sums of money on players that are far less proven than those that we've acquired under Mancini.

Damocles said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Give it up, Tolm.

Haven't you read? That was The Sheikh officially offering Mancini a new contract, thus smiting Mourinho a killer blow.

COming next on Blue Moon: a celebtration of our famous third title win after Nigel De Jong states "we believe we can win all three games"

Too many people give Mancini too much of the credit.

Rubbish.

This is the same uninformed argument that states that Guardiola isn't a very good coach, and that Mark Hughes would win us the league. We are where we are because Shiekh Mansours money bought good players that our manager got playing in a successful style.

The daftness of your position is that you argue against yourself. First you state that Mancini was an upgrade on Hughes, then state that anybody would be challenging with this squad. Make your mind up, either the management matters or it doesn't.

Well Put. I guess some people hate Mancini for whatever reason. You wont get a single word of appreciation out of such people even if he wins the quadruple with us.

Impressive mental gymnastics here.

I wonder if the people who are saying that our league position is only down to our players will advocate keeping the manager but buying new players if we finished fourth this year?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.