Manuel Akanji | City close to £15m agreement, 5 year contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will support him if he signs for us, but a pretty meh signing to me. Watched loads of Dortmund and he’s never really impressed me much. He’s quick, I’ll give him that, and he’s hardly playing with world beaters around him, and their midfield is a joke defensively, so he might be better than he looks. He has experience, not too expensive and will add some much needed cover to the defense. Hope this doesn’t mean any long term injuries to Laporte or Ake
I actually thought he was very good in one of the games against us.

I doubt he’s much more than cover. If he plays 20 games for us, looks solid then we can easily shift at profit. Or he’s great she we keep him.

Maybe Laporte is out for a while and clearly Dias is not 100% fit. Hope this is not a panic buy and turns out like Dias dealing.

Didnt think we”d add to the squad, if we did it wouldn’t be a cb. Never heard of him know nothing about him. I know nothing. Great signing well done Txiki.

Leftfield signing this one, and if we're keeping to our one in one out policy then I think Ake might well be on his way. Know nothing about Akanji but if he's played that many games for Dortmund he can't be that bad

Interesting one. Can only assume he is versatile and adept at both CB and fullback, no?

Or maybe Pep is mulling over a more frequent back 3 this season, thus necessitating another CB?

Very left field, but a smart move given how light we have looked defensively at times.

We were playing with fire with our CB situation given how injury prone they've been over the course of the last year. Through in a world cup year and it could have been a disaster.

Bit of a kick in the teeth for Mbete though - links on loan to Huddersfield make sense. Hopefully there is still a pathway for him in the future as I do rate him. I suppose we would plan Akanji on the right in any event, so perhaps not direct competition in the future like Laporte/Ake (who I don't see staying with us long term anyway).

Gives us more options on the FB positions and, strangely, in midfield. Because we could play with 3 CBs and wing backs (Cancelo and Gomes), which would allow Pep to rotate in midfield if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.