Manuel Akanji | City close to £15m agreement, 5 year contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
Checked out that YouTube clip (I know..) seems fast and strong and good at interceptions. Could be cover for Walker, for when we face pace on the counterattack. Also we have had a lot of injuries at centre half. Laporte, Ake and Stones out for weeks at a time. We need to add to the options, we have a lot of games coming in a short time.

Players about to play every 3 days for 3 months until the world cup. Triggered by Ake injury probably but not in my opinion because its worse than feared.

Just in the 3 weeks hes out we play 6 games including 2 tough CL games and then allows us not to rush Ake or Laporte back early and risk their seasons.

Suspect he was lined up as an Ake replacement earlier in the window. Now for a different reason.

End of last season was a freak occurrence. As I say, if we've had some worrying news regarding injuries it makes total sense, if we're expecting to have 5 fit cbs available fairly soon it makes less sense.

As for it freeing up players to play elsewhere, a fullback would eliminate the need for others to play out of position in the first place.

For the record I'm not against this at all. Im very much on board with it, simply saying with the information we currently have regarding our squad, an actual fullback would have made more sense in my eyes. Either way, it's an extra body in and we can all be relieved at that.

Not really. We have Ake & Laporte out for the foreseeable, so an injury to Stones or Dias has us playing players out of position.

Makes sense, we’ve got squad places, are in a net spend below 0, and our centre halves are always injured.

No idea if he’s good but he seems experienced enough to cover.

Will support him if he signs for us, but a pretty meh signing to me. Watched loads of Dortmund and he’s never really impressed me much. He’s quick, I’ll give him that, and he’s hardly playing with world beaters around him, and their midfield is a joke defensively, so he might be better than he looks. He has experience, not too expensive and will add some much needed cover to the defense. Hope this doesn’t mean any long term injuries to Laporte or Ake

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.