Manuel Akanji | City close to £15m agreement, 5 year contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can only think maybe Laporte's injury is worse than expected, or Aké is about to drop a transfer request bombshell because the last month being 1st choice has made him realise he's too good to be 4th choice.

We have 4 incredibly good leftbacks and a big prospect in Mbete who Pep likes and has used.

We have loads of Lb cover between Cancelo, Gomez, Aké and JWE.

Akanji isn't likely to play RB.

Sure he can cover at right back as well?

He's played there a few times.

More than likely frees up Stones to cover right back more often (possibly midfield too, he could do it but unlikely) and Ake to cover left back more often with Cancelo going to the right.

Wtf, so random. Though I am not sure we need him unless Ake is moved to LB backup of sorts. What are we going to do with 5 great CBs?
3 at the back maybe?

Edit: As mentioned above, only logical explanation has to be a serious injury or Ake moving. Though Chelsea have filled up their spots so that's unlikely.

He's played there a few times.

More than likely frees up Stones to cover right back more often (maybe even defensive mid with Phillips out) and Ake to cover left back more often with Cancelo going to the right.
I really hope you are wrong. Stones is useless at right back, barring against Brentford.

It‘d be much easier to buy another fullback, to me anyway.

Hadn’t heard of him myself but found this interesting little article.

He's one of those players who made a move to a decent side, plays really well for a bit and everyone can't beleive they got him so cheap, but then fades badly. Soyuncu would be similar, Weigl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.