Manuel Akanji | City close to £15m agreement, 5 year contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did we play 3 at the back in our comeback against palace? Maybe Pep really liked what he saw so now we sign Akanji to play that formation.

If Pep's going to continue with the inverted backs, I can't see why signing him is a bad idea. Then we can utilise the never-used 3-3-3-1 formation and really go for the jugular. Then when Ake/Laporte are fit again, we revert to a back 4. Fun times!

Love the signing. Gives us depth and more flexibility to go to the 3 CB back, switching to that made us electric last weekend.

He was pretty good against us last year and I thought he was Switzerland's best defender whenever I have watched them play in the last few years.

The signing means we can be more flexible in how we set up defensively and allows us to more easily deal with injuries to full backs (not ideally so but certainly better).
Nail on the head. If the system utilising the fullback is not working or if we have injuries to said players, the squad has the personnel to go 3 at the back now quite comfortably. Ake will miss games also. The new Lb needs time to adjust. Hopefully not too many noses will be put out if place. Could be a very clever signing and enable us to change formation during games if we find teams leaving us with no space to attack. The only downside is maybe Ake wanting to leave or Laporte over playing time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.