Manuel Akanji | City close to £15m agreement, 5 year contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully dealing again with Dortmund is good for the future. Maybe this sale makes it easier for them to hold onto Bellingham this year.

2 are currently injured and one of the other 2 is injury prone

They could easily return in the next few weeks. You could say the above about any position as well. With 5 centre backs one will be unhappy about lack of game time

Seems like a pointless signing to me. In a position we already have cover for in Walker

all reliable sources in Germany regarding Dortmund say wages are around €11 p/a = £180k/w....that´s a lot compared to the other defense players..I guess some agents will talk to txiki pretty soon..rumoured £220-250k/w for Foden seems also pretty cheap

They could easily return in the next few weeks. You could say the above about any position as well. With 5 centre backs one will be unhappy about lack of game time

Seems like a pointless signing to me. In a position we already have cover for in Walker
It's very rare we don't have any injuries especially in defence. Apart from Cancelo and Zinchenko pretty much all our backline had injuries last season. Gomez replaces Zinchenko in a like for like but now we're effectively stronger in defensive areas with this signing. If we do get a spate of injuries there we won't have to move Phillips or Rodri into defence (which is what we would've done had 1 more of our defenders picked up an injury) so it also strengthens the midfield by virtue of an extra man in defence.

Having an extra defender who is low cost gives the squad much more flexibility, especially when you consider we don't have lot of depth in other areas of the squad. We can play 3 at the back in some games now which will allow us to play 2 up top and give some of the other front players a rest. From a tactical point of view, Pep will love the options this signing creates for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.