Manuel Akanji | City close to £15m agreement, 5 year contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about this one. I mean I kinda get it, ake plagued with injuries, stones never fully fit, laporte out... followed his whole career as I am swiss too but the last 2-3 years weren't great. very promising when he joined dortmund. I guess with the experience he brings he can be an asset as a squad player but thats about it.
What do you think his main strengths and weaknesses are?

I’ve hardly any knowledge of him.

For the £15m that Ornstein is reporting, we will make a good profit on him if he plays any games for us at all.

I could easily see him having a good world cup with Switzerland, play a few games for us and then move for £30m next summer to whatever midtable side wants a CB.

For the £15m that Ornstein is reporting, we will make a good profit on him if he plays any games for us at all.

I could easily see him having a good world cup with Switzerland, play a few games for us and then move for £30m next summer to whatever midtable side wants a CB.

Another positive angle.

Really don't think there are any downsides to this one given the fee.

The last position I thought we needed strengthening, but we've got a small squad so it can't hurt to bring numbers in if they're available on the cheap.

The number of games he's played per season isn't exactly encouraging though. Either injured a lot or in and out of the team.

Very 2 footed with pace and technical ability for a CB.

Dortmund defending been poor, but not a bad player for us to have and makes you think we have long term injuries with Laporte and Ake, leaving Pep with zero CBs who can use their left well enough + a depth crisis, and had to pounce or could be in big trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.