Manuel Akanji | City close to £15m agreement, 5 year contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting a body in for cover sounds sensible but I do wish we would give opportunities to our youngsters. If this guy were to play ten games for us this season then those could have gone to someone like THB and would have been enough to make staying at the club worthwhile rather than going to Burnley.
I guess the injury situation has got worse since his loan was arranged but I struggle to see how Garcia was trusted to play in massive games two years ago and the likes of THB cannot seem to get time against anyone.

Thank god, I've been saying we've needed 2 more players to help with our squad depth. Hopefully doesn't suggest a serious injury to Laporte or Ake.

Maybe frees up Stones and Ake to cover more positions.

We had centre back issues last season with injuries, it's a good price, gives us more formation options (3-5-2), although I personally don't want that, I don't really see a downside.

Wish we could get another attacker in as well.

If this happings it gives us numbers we will need with this fucking idiotic idea to have a season broken into by a fucking World Cup.

Akanji started in both games vs us last year, so Pep knows his game. Fee is pretty good for a CB with CL and international experience. He's better than Mbete currently, even if the latter is more talented. Good move for City. We can sell him for profit if we go for better CBs next summer.

Pre transfer deadline day excitement!

Smart move I think and not an expensive one so if he isnt a success for us then there's not a huge amount lost on the deal. It could turn out to be a masterstroke for us.

We were a body or two short I think so it makes sense. It will give us that extra depth we need in a world cup year and hopefully will help us push in the cup comps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.