Manuel Neuer

bayern blade said:
Bild is now running the story but only because it is in the Express. Seriously though Neuer is under contract for another three years and no way would Bayern consider selling him.

Also his girlfriend is from Munich and apparently does not want to live abroad. Nor has there been any indication that he is unhappy at Bayern.

Bayern Blade....

I don't believe that City will sign him either but he would be the pick of the keepers in world football if he was available.

Wasn't there a little bit of controversy when he signed from Schalke with the Bayern Ultras saying that he wasn't allowed to sing any of their songs? Has this situation been rectified now that he has shown how good he is?

Pantimilion isn't good enough and will make a mistake that will cost us soon in my opinion. Hart is a good keeper and would love to see him stay for the next 10 years, but feel his time may be up. As someone here said before, an older keeper such as casillas/valdes could be the solution for a few years

CITYBOY1000 said:
Seems highly implausible.

The only possible incentive he might have is if we doubled his money but what is he on now and would doubling it cause him the leave the European Champions and his own homeland ?

Munich or Manchester..........? Hm..................

Nice story though and always interesting to tackle these topics.

He is from Gelsenkirchen in the Ruhr, so Manchester is going to be less off-putting than for local boys like Schweinsteiger or Lahm.

I'm fairly sure most of your players came from nicer cities, and in many cases clubs with more pedigree. Is Yaya Toure unhappy?

Beermonster said:
bayern blade said:
Bild is now running the story but only because it is in the Express. Seriously though Neuer is under contract for another three years and no way would Bayern consider selling him.

Also his girlfriend is from Munich and apparently does not want to live abroad. Nor has there been any indication that he is unhappy at Bayern.

Bayern Blade....

I don't believe that City will sign him either but he would be the pick of the keepers in world football if he was available.

Wasn't there a little bit of controversy when he signed from Schalke with the Bayern Ultras saying that he wasn't allowed to sing any of their songs? Has this situation been rectified now that he has shown how good he is?

Pantimilion isn't good enough and will make a mistake that will cost us soon in my opinion. Hart is a good keeper and would love to see him stay for the next 10 years, but feel his time may be up. As someone here said before, an older keeper such as casillas/valdes could be the solution for a few years

Yes a few idiots were against Neuer from the start but all of that is finished now and he has settled in well. The Express story was raised on a football show on Sky over here tonight, Beckenbauer was a guest and said (Quote) that "We believe we have the best keeper in the world in Neuer and there is absolutely no chance he would be sold, not even for three times the reported offer".

Beermonster said:
bayern blade said:

Bayern Blade....

what do you have against Pantillimon, he has done a fine job in goal and was great against the Saints.

NoahCity said:
Beermonster said:
bayern blade said:

Bayern Blade....

what do you have against Pantillimon, he has done a fine job in goal and was great against the Saints.

Just a personal opinion... Had a moment yesterday where he looked in no mans land. For the majority of the game he has been good, and pulled off a great save when he came out yesterday, But I just think there have been a few instances where he has looked out of his depth that could cost us in games to come.
Not been bad in any particular game, but just 3/4 instances since he has been in net that if a goal had been conceded from it people would have publicised it more.
I admit Joe has had to many mistakes this season so Pantillimon deserves a chance but i don't think hes the long term solution!

Unless,of course,one of our boys wants a move.......imo,we really don't need another Keeper.
However,if the club feel different then I would rule nothing out,money talks..... and offering stupid amounts for this lad might just sway Bayerns thinking,especailly if they have a quality replacement in mind.

FantasyIreland said:
Unless,of course,one of our boys wants a move.......imo,we really don't need another Keeper.
However,if the club feel different then I would rule nothing out,money talks..... and offering stupid amounts for this lad might just sway Bayerns thinking,especailly if they have a quality replacement in mind.

The only way they will contemplate selling him is if he has a dramatic loss of form imho.

Never going to happen. We have two very good goalkeepers. People keep saying Pantillimon has a mistake in him; well, he's plays quite a few games now and the only mistake I can re meme is in the Community Shield. Hart hasn't come back in as Costel has done very well.

Why blow £40m on a keeper when we could buy a top class defender and midfielder for that? (Zouma and Pogba for instance)

LoveCity said:
Juve paid 51 million euros for Buffon in 2001 and he's been worth every penny.

That's it. For me that was one of the smartest transfers ever in football.

Two more points, about Gk's in general and about Neuer specifically:

1. IMHO, the difference between a good GK and one the world's best GK's is about 5 points per season in the league, and probably advancing one more stage in the CL. That distinguishes a very good team from one of the world's best teams.

2. IMO Neuer is by far the most skilled football player amongst the world's best GK's. And his passing accuracy is crucial for Pep's ball possession style. He is THE perfect fit for Bayern.

I wouldn't even sell him for 150m. Simply because I couldn't get any other GK who comes even close.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.