Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marvin said:
fatbloke said:
I don't think the players have the belief in Pellegrini or his tactics in the really big games. It's difficult to remain positive and 100% committed to something you don't believe can work.

One example...
Three seasons on the trot Nasri has played wide against a Bayern Munich or Barcelona and been forced to do so much running it's impossible to then expect him to play football. He's had 3 players to defend against in those games, trying to get back and help the fullback out against Robben/Pedro etc. while covering an overlapping Alvez and also a being expected to tuck in and make an extra man in central midfield against Iniesta or someone equally as good when the ball is on the opposite side of the pitch.

I don't even want to know what the fuck the central midfielders are thinking knowing they have to chase 3 top class players and cover the fullbacks, try and protect the central backs and actually play football as well... Good luck..

That's a tactical mistake, 3 seasons in a row by two different managers and you winder why the players are a bit disheartened. Before anyone brings money into it, it's irrelevant. If anyone sees their boss making the same mistakes so many times it's going to affect their commitment as well.
Did Pellegrini have the option of dropping Yaya Toure, Zabaleta or Kompany?

We just don't know enough

It may have escaped your notice but Zabaleta and Kompany have lost their places and Zabaleta in particular is no longer a regular in the team.

Pellegrini has responded. I'm not sure he could really have done so much sooner. If we had taken Kompany and Yaya out of the team earlier, would we have been better? We needed those players to get better.

Pellegrini is carrying the can for others failings. Maybe we should describe that not as failings but human frailties. There is more going on in the world than MCFC

Did you read something different to what I wrote?

Lancet Fluke said:
cookster said:
de niro said:
pellers could fuck bournmouth up.

I'm not Pellegrini's biggest fan but the shit he is getting is way over the top. He has a higher points per game average than Mancini.

BTW Bournemouth are not guaranteed of promotion.

I'm no huge lover of Mancini or indeed a hater of Pellegrini but if you mean comparing their overall average points whilst at City then I think that would be absolutely meaningless. One took over a club that hadn't finished in the top 4 for about 20 years, the other took over a club who had recently won the league and then finished second. I suppose if you compare this season to Mancini's final season then it is arguably a more fair comparison. In which case it is currently pretty much even. Mancini got us to 75 points from 36 games that season prior to being sacked at an average of 2.08 and this season we have an average of 2.07.

200w.gif

IWasHere said:
Lancet Fluke said:
cookster said:
I'm not Pellegrini's biggest fan but the shit he is getting is way over the top. He has a higher points per game average than Mancini.

BTW Bournemouth are not guaranteed of promotion.

I'm no huge lover of Mancini or indeed a hater of Pellegrini but if you mean comparing their overall average points whilst at City then I think that would be absolutely meaningless. One took over a club that hadn't finished in the top 4 for about 20 years, the other took over a club who had recently won the league and then finished second. I suppose if you compare this season to Mancini's final season then it is arguably a more fair comparison. In which case it is currently pretty much even. Mancini got us to 75 points from 36 games that season prior to being sacked at an average of 2.08 and this season we have an average of 2.07.

Pellegrini took over a club which finished a distant second and took them to the title.

Ofcourse you miss the biggest point here. Pellegrini got out of the fucking CL group which was WAY more tougher than Bobby's. Mancini's CL exploits were a huge reason in the sack I feel rather than the PL failure.

kupest said:
IWasHere said:
Lancet Fluke said:

Pellegrini took over a club which finished a distant second and took them to the title.

Ofcourse you miss the biggest point here. Pellegrini got out of the fucking CL group which was WAY more tougher than Bobby's. Mancini's CL exploits were a huge reason in the sack I feel rather than the PL failure.

You're telling me it's tougher to get out of a group with roma, Bayern and cska than dortmund Madrid and ajax. Bear in mind Madrid are one of the top 3 best teams in the world and Dortmund got to the final of the CL the season we had them in our group. This season we made it tough for ourselves for no reason, dropping points against Roma at home and cska.

Real are right now losing 1-0 to Bilbao continuing their poor form since New Years. Players getting booed at half time and the media was already turning on Carlo before the match started.

I hope we're ready to sign him up. He's probably finished this summer if they don't hold on to the league and CL.

Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
Real are right now losing 1-0 to Bilbao continuing their poor form since New Years. Players getting booed at half time and the media was already turning on Carlo before the match started.

I hope we're ready to sign him up. He's probably finished this summer if they don't hold on to the league and CL.

With the money he has spent and talent at his disposable should be walking that league and CL.......

grim up north said:
Sergi0 Na5r1 said:

With the money he has spent and talent at his disposable should be walking that league and CL.......
To be fair they have had some pretty long injuries to important players (Modric, Ramos, Pepe, James). Bale is in poor form. They also got rid of many of their bench players and replaced them with some signings like Illara and Chicha that have flopped or not been given enough time due to their big name players. Poor planning by Perez and club management.

OB1 said:
phil31 said:
When i see Pellegrini interviews on the tv, i don't even listen to them any more, he bores the life out of me. Im saying this as a middle aged man, id hate to think how it must be for a 20 something pro footballer, who has to listen and see his demeanour every single day.

So you think what you see in front of the cameras is what the players see in private and that you know exactly how young footballers need to be dealt with and Pellegrini doesn't?

Yes, I know exactly how young players need to be dealt with and Pellegrini doesn't. Send me an application form and details of job description, wages, hours with the low down on health and safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.