Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shaelumstash said:
If Viera was given to the end of the season do you think our defence would improve? Do you think he'd play Fernando in a 442? Do you think he'd have the respect of the players?

I can't see how he could do any worse than the current manager. We had a good 6 week period around December. Other than that we've been patchy at best, diabolical at worst.

Coincidentally the good 6 week spell corresponded with Fernando being out of the team. The manager doesn't seem to have noticed the relationship between the two.

Took him 45 minutes yesterday but its not always appropriate to single out one player in any given game.

To a man we were shocking yesterday , our back four were like a mad dogs breakfast especially in the first 45 minutes.

Why we cannot get out of the blocks anymore is anybody's guess but MP will pay that price soon if the players can't get it sorted out , in fact its odds on he already has.

As for PV we would only put him in charge I think before seasons end if we fell behind Manure and Southampton.

As it stands that could be only two games away.

With Arsenal and Spurs both having good runs in the coming 6 games we have to get our arse into gear and start winning games.

Unfortunately it won't start with Stoke.

MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
Does it really make a huge difference who is the manager at this stage when we have a director of football? Essentially, the manager is there to merely pick the team and motivate the players. Neither of which are the current issues.

We have a system in place, possession based football which at the minute looks very predictable. Our talisman in Silva is marked completely out of the game. And now we're at a stage where everyone from Allardyce to S.Bruce can see through it. However, the system can not simply be changed, otherwise this direction the club is going in just lies in tatters.

It's relatively obvious that the club wants to re-create Rijkaards Barcelona. But it's a mountain to climb by pulling it off in such a competitive league. And then there's a case of putting the trust in the youth academy.

The problem goes way beyond the manager.

very good post.

as always the time to act or not will be at the end of the season, when we know where we are.

my question is.

if we were a day before the new season starts in august, how many of us would be relishing another season under pelligrini and what, if anything,would we win?

de niro said:
MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
Does it really make a huge difference who is the manager at this stage when we have a director of football? Essentially, the manager is there to merely pick the team and motivate the players. Neither of which are the current issues.

We have a system in place, possession based football which at the minute looks very predictable. Our talisman in Silva is marked completely out of the game. And now we're at a stage where everyone from Allardyce to S.Bruce can see through it. However, the system can not simply be changed, otherwise this direction the club is going in just lies in tatters.

It's relatively obvious that the club wants to re-create Rijkaards Barcelona. But it's a mountain to climb by pulling it off in such a competitive league. And then there's a case of putting the trust in the youth academy.

very good post.

as always the time to act or not will be at the end of the season, when we know where we are.

my question is.

if we were a day before the new season starts in august, how many of us would be relishing another season under pelligrini and what, if anything,would we win?

Not too many without a big change in personnel or a change in how we defend.

I'm looking forward to going into work on Monday. I'm going to turn-in the shittest performance possible, make it clear I couldn't give a toss and ensure that I take no responsibility for anything whatsoever.

And the upside is that my boss will be totally in the shit because it will be nothing to do with me and everything to do with him.

I'm not big on blaming the manager in general but taking into account the players at his disposal compared to previous managers I honestly think yesterday was up there with some of the worst tactics and substitutions I've seen from a City manager. Yes,seriously it was that bad.

yesterday was a shambles. there was a good chance that Hull were going to get everyone behind the ball yesterday and they regularly play 3-5-2 i.e. no recognised full backs .... so the answer to both point sis to play with width and pace ..... so MP drops both Milner & Navas. this of course the game after Chelsea when both wingers had good games.

MPs rotation is killing us. we have had a full week off since Chelsea, why did he change the team? I

The team of players we have should be able to go out and beat dogshit like Hull regardless of who the manayis or even without one.

Maybe Pellegrini isn't the right man, but whoever comes in or if he stays, these players need to step up their game because right now this team of champions is playing shite. No effort or urgency. You can forgive a lack of ability, they can't all be Aguero, but laziness in pros representing our great club is unforgivable. The players need to take a long hard look at themselves.

de niro said:
MeatnSpudsMCFC said:

very good post.

my question is.

I would also argue that picking the team and motivating the players are problems at the moment as well as the way we play.

Like we have agreed on in another thread, why did he make 3 changes yesterday to a side that put in a great performance the week before?

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
de niro said:
MeatnSpudsMCFC said:

very good post.

my question is.

I would also argue that picking the team and motivating the players are problems at the moment as well as the way we play.

Like we have agreed on in another thread, why did he make 3 changes yesterday to a side that put in a great performance the week before?
Because he is the new TINKER MAN once again he gets it wrong the players arnt bad nor are they shit but if you dont play to their strengths you can make them look shit . Pellers has alot to answer for after yesterday shockin team selection and has to take a big chunk of the blame for yesterdays farce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.