Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
city91 said:
chesterbells said:
city91 said:
I mean by backing the players over the manager. You don't let the tail wag the dog and that's what we did. Also, as it stands we haven't really moved on in the sense that Pellers is having exactly the same post league win hangover as Mancini.

By all means sack the manager but don't let the players, who are just as responsible as the manager for poor performances, off scott free.

Kompany's post match interview after we won the league summed him up for the arrogant person that he is. When ever Souness or Neville praised Pellegrini, Kompany constantly shifted the praise onto the players. Funny how he never shifted the blame from Mancini's final season to the players wasn't it.

OK, but I'm still not sure I buy it. We have moved on in that we appointed a new manager, who then lead those players to another title. Yes, this season it has changed, but its clear to move Mancini out was proved correct, and surely the evidence of those players performances last season is that we did have pretty much the right combo of players - unless of course you buy into the agenda from some of the 'neutral pundits that actually, considering all our spending we actually failed last season cos we should have won it by 10 points.

As for Kompany, I agree his performances are off, but to criticise a footballer for being arrogant - don't all successful sportspeople have plenty of that? Its not uncommon for a captain to praise those beneath him in the team, those who he has lead, in the aftermath of victory, so that they get the praise. In fact, its absolutely the expected thing to do.

I don't actually disagree that getting rid of Mancini was the right move. It was just the influence that some players had in his departure which leaves a bad taste.

As you said, last season the players proved their worth. But don't forget they also proved their worth under Mancini until they decided they wanted him out.

Say a similar situation arises and the key players decide they want rid of Pellegrini, what do we do then? Because their performances this season suggest they are not totally convinced by him.

Its funny because if Pellegrini has 3 or 4 bad games people call for his head. But only Navas, Milner and Aguero can hold their heads high up high this season. The rest have ranged from shite to average.

This squad has achieved a lot but it is capable of reaching so much more. This squad is capable of walking a league title. This squad is capable of retaining the league title. And this squad is more than capable of at least reaching the quarters of the CL.

But for some reason it hasn't happened. If this was all under one manager then you could question him. But for this to happen under two totally different t managers asks the question of the players.

Y'know what - I think what this forum could really do with is a separate new thread where we discuss whether getting rid of Mancini was the right thing or not... maybe

First time I've actually realised we are actually pretty average! like the rags did we have lost our fear factor and teams now fancy beating us.

Agree with most of the last posts. Ay home we need to stretch these lower teams who are packing the middle, yet we play Nasri and Silva wide who like to go all over and especially inside. Therefore no width and because Silva and Nasri wander Zab and Clichy can't get forward as they don't have the cover.

The centre midfield of Fernando and Fernandinho is average at best, Fernando wouldn't get into most of the teams in the top seven, Fernandinho maybe but needs to take a bit more responsibilty at times.

Basically the tactics are rubish, Navas and Milner should have started. I would play Milner in centre mid before Fernando every day of the week.

We have now dropped 12 points at home ( 7 to Burnley, Hull and Stoke) Chavs have dropped 2 thats why the title is as good as over.

city91 said:
chesterbells said:
city91 said:
I mean by backing the players over the manager. You don't let the tail wag the dog and that's what we did. Also, as it stands we haven't really moved on in the sense that Pellers is having exactly the same post league win hangover as Mancini.

By all means sack the manager but don't let the players, who are just as responsible as the manager for poor performances, off scott free.

Kompany's post match interview after we won the league summed him up for the arrogant person that he is. When ever Souness or Neville praised Pellegrini, Kompany constantly shifted the praise onto the players. Funny how he never shifted the blame from Mancini's final season to the players wasn't it.

OK, but I'm still not sure I buy it. We have moved on in that we appointed a new manager, who then lead those players to another title. Yes, this season it has changed, but its clear to move Mancini out was proved correct, and surely the evidence of those players performances last season is that we did have pretty much the right combo of players - unless of course you buy into the agenda from some of the 'neutral pundits that actually, considering all our spending we actually failed last season cos we should have won it by 10 points.

As for Kompany, I agree his performances are off, but to criticise a footballer for being arrogant - don't all successful sportspeople have plenty of that? Its not uncommon for a captain to praise those beneath him in the team, those who he has lead, in the aftermath of victory, so that they get the praise. In fact, its absolutely the expected thing to do.

I don't actually disagree that getting rid of Mancini was the right move. It was just the influence that some players had in his departure which leaves a bad taste.

As you said, last season the players proved their worth. But don't forget they also proved their worth under Mancini until they decided they wanted him out.

Say a similar situation arises and the key players decide they want rid of Pellegrini, what do we do then? Because their performances this season suggest they are not totally convinced by him.

Its funny because if Pellegrini has 3 or 4 bad games people call for his head. But only Navas, Milner and Aguero can hold their heads high up high this season. The rest have ranged from shite to average.

This squad has achieved a lot but it is capable of reaching so much more. This squad is capable of walking a league title. This squad is capable of retaining the league title. And this squad is more than capable of at least reaching the quarters of the CL.

But for some reason it hasn't happened. If this was all under one manager then you could question him. But for this to happen under two totally different t managers asks the question of the players.

Unfortunately the day of the manager being bigger than the players is coming to an end. Ask Mourinho MKI, Benitez, AVB at Chelsea, ask the last and the current Barca managers. Ask Mancini. The players, and executives hold the real power at football clubs, head coaches come and go nowadays.

grim up north said:
bluemoon27 said:
grim up north said:
How is it a piss poor league

the standard of the football is piss poor,says it all when lower division sides are nowhere near as far away as they were 5 yrs ago,the gap used to be huge,do u think the rags have been awful all season cos most people do and they are 5 points behind us in 2nd and how many games do u think we have played well in this season

So a competitive league is a piss poor league, the championship has become more competitive. We haven't played well on many occasions but what has that got to do with a piss poor league

just the entertainment factor watching other games not just City`s over previous season have been a better standard of football

chesterbells said:
city91 said:
chesterbells said:

Y'know what - I think what this forum could really do with is a separate new thread where we discuss whether getting rid of Mancini was the right thing or not... maybe

I've not turned this into a Mancini Vs Pellegrini debate. Its more of a case of discussing how the players influence on Mancini's sacking could spell trouble for Pellegrini.

The last thing we need is to turn into Chelsea where far too many players have a huge influence and get managers sacked to cover for their own poor performances.

bluemoon27 said:
grim up north said:
bluemoon27 said:
the standard of the football is piss poor,says it all when lower division sides are nowhere near as far away as they were 5 yrs ago,the gap used to be huge,do u think the rags have been awful all season cos most people do and they are 5 points behind us in 2nd and how many games do u think we have played well in this season

So a competitive league is a piss poor league, the championship has become more competitive. We haven't played well on many occasions but what has that got to do with a piss poor league

just the entertainment factor watching other games not just City`s over previous season have been a better standard of football

But teams and tactics evolve over seasons look at Chavs and the Arse it's not because it's a piss poor league

city91 said:
If Pellegrini is to be sacked in the summer then I would also flog Kompany, Hart and any other shit house who has a big influence at the club.

We fucked up last time by backing the players over Mancini and it looks like they are following suit again.

If Pellers loses his job then I sincerly hope that the players who have badly let down two successive managers also get the chop.

Mate, I've been reading this and other threads the last couple of days and wanting to contribute but every time I tried to think what to write , in my head I went into full on rant mode (I do that when I'm emotional).

Then I read your post and bingo! It sums up my exact feelings in a couple of lines.

The club messed up hugely when sacking Mancini. Not necessarily because they sacked him ( that's been done to death too many times) but precisely because they caved in to the players who stopped trying for him, sending a message which haunts us to this day, that "if you play for our first team, no matter what happens, you will never be held to account by the club. We will always back you over the manager"

I feel desperately sorry for Pelligrini, as I did Mancini, for the same reasons. These shithouses are costing him his job. Somebody, anybody, at the club should make it clear in no uncertain terms that they play for US, not just the manager, and by letting him down, they're letting US down.

Top post, and as you can see, even now I can't avoid a bit of a rant.

Looks to me he banned Zabaleta from going forward, since Yaya went to ACON Zaba doesn't offer anything up front.

onceabluealways said:
We have now dropped 12 points at home ( 7 to Burnley, Hull and Stoke) Chavs have dropped 2 thats why the title is as good as over.

This is exactly why it's over.

Is anyone convinced we will win our last 7 games at home the way we are playing?

We currently have a record at home of W7 D3 L2. That is 2012/13 stats not title winning stats.

Toure coming back is our only hope of getting close. We have lost 1 and drawn 2 of our last 3 home league games when he didn't play and have gone out of the cup to a championship team.

He is our most important player. We cope without others. Without him, we crumble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.