Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't matter who the manager is, the players are now the main problem.

They have run their race and a lack of desire and intensity has killed this team.

The manager is expecting things from players who just aren't up to it.

He has failed in his duty to recognise and work around those fundamental fault lines.

And for that he will surely pay with his job.

The only positive was telling Fernando to sit back down.

As for the other 99.99999% of the game;

[bigimg]https://p.gr-assets.com/540x540/fit/hostedimages/1380222758/293932.gif[/bigimg]

... And then leave

He's a nice guy and done well to settle the club down, keep us out of the headlines for the wrong reasons etc..

But tactically? He's just not up there with the world class managers, he's far to stubborn (Wenger-esque) in his tactics and formations and we make the same mistakes game after game after game against the better teams. Our defence is a shambles, our midfield is too open, 442 isn't working.

I'd love to say "give him time" but when the whole media, fans, everyone involved in football can keep pointing out the glaring problems we have and he has not changed it for over a year now - well I can't see him changing at all. After this seasons performances I think I'm leaning towards something needs to change, I simply don't want to have a Wenger in charge of the club.

I defy any of the Pellegrini lovers to come on here and defend how he set us up in midfield after that fucking shambles of a managerial tactical display today.

They played 120 minutes away in Turkey on Thursday and just fucking passed it through our midfield at will

He just doesn't fucking learn and never will.

He's turned Zabba and Kompany and the whole back five into a fucking disgrace, a top top defence before he rolled up and to be frank we are laughable now.

He needs to go.

pudge said:
The only positive was telling Fernando to sit back down.

As for the other 99.99999% of the game;

[bigimg]https://p.gr-assets.com/540x540/fit/hostedimages/1380222758/293932.gif[/bigimg]

... And then leave

He didn't make that call though.our players did. Stunned to see Milner Losing his shit at the bench.

I reckon he's lost the respect of the team.

Sorry but I've defended him before and he has occasionally had good moments.But today even more than the Barca game, showed his tactical ineptness.

He got all his tactics wrong from the start, all the other teams have caught on to his early aggressive style but he continues to stay with it. Once again just like the Barca game the ball bounced their half to ours without any play in the middle.

In the Roma game we were successful because we started a strong midfield when the other team wanted to attack. Since then he's not done this very consistently. And then he takes of Dzeko when we finally need to score goals? We can't keep blaming all of the players every time, you push out Nasri and Silva wide when we need them to create chances down the middle. What the hell is he thinking..

Knee jerk reaction or not, some players looked sluggish, but it's up to the manager to give the players a chance to get a good performance in.

He needs to go.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

They have run their race and a lack of desire and intensity has killed this team.

He has failed in his duty to recognise and work around those fundamental fault lines.

As should Txiki. I wouldn't trust him presiding over our most important transfer window since the takeover.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

Both him and half of the players should go. It's not all his fault but he has to pay the price too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.