Manuel Pellegrini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shirley said:
baildon blue said:
Balti said:
I see Bobby Manc is free ;=)
Nay we don't want to go backwards .
Time for a guy like Klopp to sort us out .

Is this the same Klopp who has BD sitting 5th from bottom with 7 points from 8 games?
Careful for what you wish for.

Make that 7 point from 9 games, currently 15th place in Bundesliga.

The cookie monster said:
Shirley said:
baildon blue said:

Is this the same Klopp who has BD sitting 5th from bottom with 7 points from 8 games?
I would take a pretty good look at Klopps record other than 8 games of this season........

Ditto.

And while we are talking of CVs. When we appointed Roberto he had a better CV than the team. When we appointed Manuel the team had a better CV than he did.

Surely it's time for a truly top manager to manager a very good team which is what we could be.

mancity1 said:
Palerider said:
Professional football is about winning, that's why they get paid for it. I like Pellegrini as a man but tactically he's just not flexible or responsive enough. I've read umpteen posts today and everyone is pointing out the same highly obvious things. Playing 4 - 4 - 2 against decent sides does not work. Playing an immobile Yaya Toure in a two man midfield does not work and constantly changing the back four does not work. We've conceded two goals against a West Ham side with 30% possession and two goals against a CSKA side with 40% possession. That suggests that we are defensively vulnerable. If our ultimate target is to win the Champions League then we have to have a solid defence. Not conceding is harder than scoring. We need to build a battle hard defence with a professional attitude to progress.

3 clean sheets in 9 games.

I agree with your sentiment.

12 clean sheets for the season and you are probably going to struggle to finish top four let alone be in with a fighting chance to win the title.

We have to get better at keeping clean sheets without compromising our will to have the majority of possession if that's the mantra.

Personally I prefer the game plan that ensures you snuff out the oppositions threats on goal although that doesn't go down well with the vast majority seeking entertaining football.

I'd just like to see us be a bit more and I'll use that word again 'professional'. Both the manager and the players seem naive but the responsibility to fix that is the managers. If you are two goals up in a Champions League tie then as long as the opposition don't score you have got three points. You don't need to chase a 3rd goal you just need to keep possession and not concede. At home to Stoke we let a player run half the pitch to score. Stop him, take the booking! Collectively as a club we have to wise up if you cannot win playing the beautiful game then play ugly BUT win!

The cookie monster said:
Shirley said:
baildon blue said:

I would take a pretty good look at Klopps record other than 8 games of this season........
Didn't he get his previous team relegated and then couldn't get them promoted...

We cant really go into an away game thinking we win it 1-0. Scoring only one is something we could do even on wore days in terms of attacking display.
But that is only enough for draws but mostly losses as mediocre teams can easily expect score twice. WHu today scored two but if its 3 or four its still not a surprise based on the chances they had.

We give away chances so easily, and dont do anything to change it makes me angry.

KippaxCitizen said:
We are at our best when we have a DM sitting in front of the back four, when we have Yaya playing alongside/ahead of that DM in CM, and when we have Silva playing ahead of him in AM/behind the striker.

3 in midfield!

He doesn't seem to have addressed our attitude and mentality issue neither.

We had the wrong attitude and mentality as champions two years ago and we've had a weak attitude and mentality in the Champions League in every yearly outing we've had so far. I don't see Pellegrini changing that. We look like we don't believe in ourselves as a champion side. Yes, we look great when we've fucked it up a bit and all seems lost and the pressure is off us somewhat...yet when we've got to go out and show how good we are from the outset, when we've got the champions tag on us, when the expectation is on us to be the best we don't appear to have the right attitude or mentality, we don't look comfortable as a club in this situation. It was there two years ago under Mancini, it's been there under both Mancini and Pellgrini in the CL and it's there this season under Pellegrini.

I think that shows that Pellegrini, like Mancini, isn't wuite the calibre of coach this club needs.

Mancini was a really good coach. Good possession, attractive to watch, very good defensively, lacked the tactical nouse against the best in Europe and didn't deal with the squad when we had the attitude and mentality issues as champions. Pellegrini is a really good coach. Good possession, lots of goals, attractive to watch, lacks the tactical nouse against the best in Europe and doesn't appear to be dealing with the squad with this attitude and mentality issues we have as champions.

Certainly not to challenge for honours on the European stage but neither are the calibre of player we have either.

Domestically we could play it safer , surely we could do better than two clean sheets in nine games and have more points than we have now with the squad we have but at present it compromises our possession game somewhat.

MP is paid to get it right over 38 games.

Our players haven't shown the desire often enough collectively to get the job done in 4 league games and 3 Euro games so far.

Its certainly a concern but we will find out a lot more about their hunger and desire and will to win in the next few months and after that we can see if the owners will give MP his last season as head coach.

I cannot see him going beyond three years no matter what happens because we have to improve on the field player wise to improve our fortunes in Europe without compromising our ability to challenge for honours domestically year on year.

I don't think it's knee-jerk to be questioning MP at this moment in time, his stubbornness really is starting to cost us quite heavily.

I find it astonishing to believe that he is incapable of being flexible in his approach.

I always start to worry when I'm sat "in my armchair" and can see ahead of the game exactly who's not going to perform and how a game is likely to pan out, whereas there's a guy being paid millions who stands there looking a tad clueless.

Clichy, Dzeko and Navas should be nowhere near starting at the moment and if he wants to persist with Yaya then he has to play the extra man in the middle.

Is it really that difficult?

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
tactically inept.nice guy but need a pep or klopp to take us to the next level alo g with two to three world class signings.

Dortmund have just lost their 4th game on the bounce in the league.

MP is totally at fault for our poor performances this season. This is not a knee jerk reaction to our defeat today...we havent played well all season even int he games we have won. Spurs last week - we may have won 4-1 but the danger signs were there for everyone to see as there have been in other games. We have managed to out power a few teams but overall we have been poor this season. There have been periods in games where we have looked better but thats it.

MP is being stubbrn - he can see where it is going wrong as everyone else can but is refusing to change from his preferred way of playing. His tactics and formations are predictable as are his team selections. He has virtually a fully fit squad yet picks the team he did today for West ham?????????????????????

If he continues we will fail in the league and the champs league as well. When he was appointed we were told that he was a tactically astute manager who was flexible in his approach and formations.....the complete opposite of what he is actually showing at the moment.

People are scapegoating certain players (yaya and clichy especailly) but the whole team is under performing due to his poor tactics

Make no mistake he is completely at fault for the poor performances.

My biggest fear is that he wont change.....we will still make top 4 and may win a cup but it wont be down to his good management if we do do it the way we are playing.

I can take losing and today we deserved to lose like we have done previously.....but it annoys me that we are playing and performing so continuously below the level we are capable due to the manager not adapting to suit the players we have.

I thought the whole point of this holistic approach was that the manager would be more expendable because the rest of the team and club structure remains the same even when the manager moves on. It seemed to be almost expected that the manager would change frequently using this model. I can't see him being here for longer than 3 years in any case and would suggest that he is already more than halfway through his tenure at the very least and this season may prove to be his last if we are seen to be going backwards overall this season i.e. both PL and CL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.