Manuel Pellegrini

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is game is a "what have you done for me lately."

Pellegrini is stubborn, won't change I can see it you can see i. He won us a double last season, that was great but what has he done for me lately? Nothing.

That goes the same with players. What have you done for me lately. Clichy, Yaya, Dzeko, Vinny, Zabba and Silva are are good players and better than then but what have they done for me lately? Nothing.

Both parties are at fault here. Manger is to stubborn and the players play on the field don't look like their normal selves.

simon23 said:
The slaughtered lamb said:
simon23 said:
MP is totally at fault for our poor performances this season. This is not a knee jerk reaction to our defeat today...we havent played well all season even int he games we have won. Spurs last week - we may have won 4-1 but the danger signs were there for everyone to see as there have been in other games. We have managed to out power a few teams but overall we have been poor this season. There have been periods in games where we have looked better but thats it.

MP is being stubbrn - he can see where it is going wrong as everyone else can but is refusing to change from his preferred way of playing. His tactics and formations are predictable as are his team selections. He has virtually a fully fit squad yet picks the team he did today for West ham?????????????????????

If he continues we will fail in the league and the champs league as well. When he was appointed we were told that he was a tactically astute manager who was flexible in his approach and formations.....the complete opposite of what he is actually showing at the moment.

People are scapegoating certain players (yaya and clichy especailly) but the whole team is under performing due to his poor tactics

Make no mistake he is completely at fault for the poor performances.

My biggest fear is that he wont change.....we will still make top 4 and may win a cup but it wont be down to his good management if we do do it the way we are playing.

I can take losing and today we deserved to lose like we have done previously.....but it annoys me that we are playing and performing so continuously below the level we are capable due to the manager not adapting to suit the players we have.

How can that be? When Yaya dawdled on the ball after about 10 seconds and lost possession, that was the manager's fault was it? Didn't we win the league last season with the same tactics and more or less the same team?

yes it was his fault......

teams have figured out this is how we play....press yaya and it causes us problems as he has little support in the centre of the park...playing 3 in there would stop this happening or at least reduce the effects it has.......I saw that incident you pointed out after 20 seconds and knew from that point (infact I knew before a ball was kicked) what todays game was going to be like as did a lot of other people

singling out one player is just a why of refusing to accept that the manager is at fault ...keep hiding your head in the sand but it wont change unless he changes...we will win plenty of games but we are not performing at the level we are capable of due to the manager refusing to adap his tactics to the squad/players he has and to the teams he plays (he even says it in that tactics video - the vast majority of work is spent on how the team plays and very little is done concerning how the other teams does)...surely he should be studying the other team for weaknesses and then attacking those weaknesses as clearly thats what Fat Sam did t us today by pressing our midfield and pushing balls inside our fullback cause they are told to push so high.
To not take the other team into consideration either froma attacking point of view or a defensive point of view is very very narrow minded and arrogant

As I said, I wasn't singling out Yaya, just illustrating the point that the manager is not "totally at fault" for poor performances which is what you said. The players have to take some responsibility.

Teams can figure out how we play all they like. I'm sure there isn't a team out there who doesn't know how we play. Stopping us doing it was the problem last season and that came from the players showing the application needed to win at places like West Ham.

As for paying no mind to the opposition in the preparation for the game, I have no idea whether that's true and doubt it is, but it's perfectly normal for a team containing as many world class players as we have to focus on their own strengths and weaknesses and leave it to the opposition to worry about them.

In his post match comments on the website MP blames things like

- lack of intensity
- bad luck (ball hitting the woodwork twice)
- not taking other chances in the last 30 mins

he said
- he thought west ham would tire and that the game would open up

This is very concerning to me as he is completely ignoring the fact that west ham scored 2 and could easily have scored a number of others...he isnt addressing the problems at hand which is our poor set up leaving our defense very vulnerable and our midfield overrun.

Im sorry but that isnt good enough!

simon23 said:
In his post match comments on the website MP blames things like

- lack of intensity
- bad luck (ball hitting the woodwork twice)
- not taking other chances in the last 30 mins

he said
- he thought west ham would tire and that the game would open up

This is very concerning to me as he is completely ignoring the fact that west ham scored 2 and could easily have scored a number of others...he isnt addressing the problems at hand which is our poor set up leaving our defense very vulnerable and our midfield overrun.

Im sorry but that isnt good enough!

It isn't good enough and unless he changes it he will be out of a job. We were poor pre season and have been average so far. Tuesday and Today have not been amongst his better days.

There are only two coaches who could definitely a). take us even further than MP has and b). continue our style of entertaining football, and they are inconveniently occupied at 2 of world football's biggest jobs - Guardiola and (maybe) Ancelotti.

You could throw names around all day... Koeman, Klopp (doing a terrible job at the moment), Simeone (probably does not correspond to our club style), Vieira, De Boer... but only those two would offer any guarantees. And they aren't available. So get behind Pellegrini and support him till the day the club decide a change is needed (and the right manager is available).

His post match comments always worry me because it shows he doesn't believe anything he did was wrong and blames it on other factors like luck or the ref or whatever. The man is set in his ways and is far too stubborn. Sometimes you need to hold your hands up, realise what you are doing isn't working and change them but he doesn't. He still sends 2 up front and 2 in midfield expecting us to smash 10 goals past every opponent. We have played shit all year so far and he needs to sort this out or he is gone.

waspish said:
He will run his course and go after next season..

You're probably right. Then we'll get someone else in who will probably look like the best thing since sliced bread for a season, until the players decide they don't fancy it again.

LoveCity said:
There are only two coaches who could definitely a). take us even further than MP has and b). continue our style of entertaining football, and they are inconveniently occupied at 2 of world football's biggest jobs - Guardiola and (maybe) Ancelotti.

You could throw names around all day... Koeman, Klopp (doing a terrible job at the moment), Simeone (probably does not correspond to our club style), Vieira, De Boer... but only those two would offer any guarantees. And they aren't available. So get behind Pellegrini and support him till the day the club decide a change is needed (and the right manager is available).

It's looking more and more like getting Pep in after Pellegrini will be a necessity rather than a bonus. Our European aspirations are well known. He will still have largely the same set of players to work with, and if they continue to fail in Europe under Pep at least we'll know why they're all swiftly shipped out shortly after. I doubt our owners will be wanting to take any chances with a De Boer type.

LoveCity said:

Whats your take on Bielsa? Not recommending him for one moment, but he seems to have an energetic style and is very tactical, and has done well with Bilbao and currently has OM sitting at top of Ligue 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.