Manuel Pellegrini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ducado said:
PB and myself were having a chat about him at the game last night, he seem to suit the way the owners want the club to go, no drama, no hysterics, in fact one could say rather boring but a brilliant manager who does his job which is not to make the headlines

His job is more than just to not make headlines though.

I feel sometimes he's not given enough credit precisely because he's such a quiet, humble, and unassuming man. The football we've played under him and continue to play is truly out of this world. As i said earlier I think he's improved all our players both individually and collectively. On every level we couldn't find a better manager and coach for the club. Was a travesty he didn't get manager of the season and it's a shame he doesn't get the kind of credit he right deserves.

Mister Appointment said:
Ducado said:
PB and myself were having a chat about him at the game last night, he seem to suit the way the owners want the club to go, no drama, no hysterics, in fact one could say rather boring but a brilliant manager who does his job which is not to make the headlines

I feel sometimes he's not given enough credit precisely because he's such a quiet, humble, and unassuming man. The football we've played under him and continue to play is truly out of this world. As i said earlier I think he's improved all our players both individually and collectively. On every level we couldn't find a better manager and coach for the club. Was a travesty he didn't get manager of the season and it's a shame he doesn't get the kind of credit he right deserves.

The credit will come for him this season. As we continue to fulfil our true potential, the whole world will sit up and notice. And he will take enormous credit from all quarters because there's absolutely nothing not to admire and respect him for. He's intelligent, he's decent, he's popular, he's magnanimous...and his football is sublime.

The best manager I've ever had the pleasure of managing my club. How refreshing it is to turn up at the ground and feel pleased every week that he's picked the right team. How great it is to see him run rings around the journalists, sitting there on a higher plane, one step ahead. How superb it is to trust that he's looking after our prize assets, motivating them, making them hungry for more. And how superb it is to finally be off the front pages, and to be operating as a unit, a team.

What a decision by the club to appoint this man. He is making the sheikh's dreams, and mine, come true. He will lift the Champions league trophy for this club soon.

Didsbury Dave said:
Mister Appointment said:
Ducado said:

The credit will come for him this season. As we continue to fulfil our true potential, the whole world will sit up and notice. And he will take enormous credit from all quarters because there's absolutely nothing not to admire and respect him for. He's intelligent, he's decent, he's popular, he's magnanimous...and his football is sublime.

The best manager I've ever had the pleasure of managing my club. How refreshing it is to turn up at the ground and feel pleased every week that he's picked the right team. How great it is to see him run rings around the journalists, sitting there on a higher plane, one step ahead. How superb it is to trust that he's looking after our prize assets, motivating them, making them hungry for more. And how superb it is to finally be off the front pages, and to be operating as a unit, a team.

What a decision by the club to appoint this man. He is making the sheikh's dreams, and mine, come true. He will lift the Champions league trophy for this club soon.

He reminds me of Aguero at the moment, in that I keep saying to myself: "is he really that good?". I mean that in a pinch yourself am I dreaming way?

Anyhow, the honeymoon is over and Pellegrini will, one way or another, show us his true worth this season. If he can sustain success, he will have to get huge plaudits in a way that evaded him last year. What I liked yesterday was is programme notes, where he really emphasised the importance of attitude, which will make or break our season because there is no doubting the technical quality of the squad.

I think Prestwich Blue touched on this in another thread but it did seem like Pellegrini had take what he learnt from playing Liverpool last season and set his team up to avoid mistakes made at Anfield; without sacrificing a striker (or starting Milner). We will find out how much he learnt over the course of the season but should get some clear signs over the tough opening run of games that we face.

zabadabadoo1985 said:
Pep's contract runs concurrently with MP's so given the guys running the club you would imagine they have their eyes firmly on him.

Having said that, Viera would have had three years of coaching the under 21s and as such would be a front runner.

To aim in continuity of what has been put in place and as such for me it's Pep or PV, subject to availability and PV having the necessary nous and experience to do the job!

I don't know if Pep is the best choice. His football has become so stale. Barca earlier on and bayern till the match at the etihad were something else: in fact, although we conced 2/3 goals at the etihad due to mistakes they were still ripping us apart. But from that point onwards it beame boring.

Also, we should bear in mind that he had the two strongest teams in europe including the world's best player (Messi). He also spent a lot of money (not all of it successful) - ibra, that defender, fabregas, thiago (in a team full of midfielders).

Further, i just dont think city's players would suit his way of playing. Silva will always be a forward playing AM (doesnt mean he wont have the amazing pass success rate, just that his passing would be too risky for Pep;s liking), we dont have inverted wingers or wide forwards. Surprisingly Nasri might just be the player most suited to his recycling possession style.

Personally, any of Klopp, Martinez and depending on how he does with Spurs, Pocchetino. I think Martinez is very good tactically and he seems a perfect gentleman. The only question mark in my opinion is will he be able to deal with big players.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
all I'll say is it's rare for a man to go "I like what Demichelis has done with his hair, I'll have some of that" but judging by his post-match interview, Pelle has.

If hair matters Pellegrini is definitely a Mancini inner! :)

Great man, great manager. I think it will be another successful season with him in charge.

In the MEN Pellers is reported as not blaming the ref's failure to give a clear penalty for our defeat yesterday. Of course he's right as there were many other reasons why we lost. I also remember him saying this in a previous game we lost.
But is he missing a trick here in that by being very fair and reasonable in his comments refs feel under less pressure to give decisions our way at the Etihad?

Didsbury Dave said:
Mister Appointment said:
Ducado said:

Dropped a ricket yesterday IMO DD not picking Dzeko from the off. Agree with everything else though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.