Manuel Pellegrini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ultimatley he has to answer to the top man, dining with the elite of europe is what the owner wants, i would imagine that if the present manager cant provide it then the sheikh will find somebody who can

Can't believe we're taking so long to sack him. I would have sacked him four months into his job, when we got raped by Bayern at home last year as a result of him making the same fundamental errors that he made tonight. I'd probably fuck Khaldoon off as well because I hold him responsible for letting it go on for so long. We need a half-decent manager, overseen by some ruthless Vincent Tan motherfucker as director of football and then we can talk about the Champions League.

Prestwich_Blue said:
When I posted last week that I didn't think he had the ability to take us that final step, I thought I'd get slaughtered but to my surprise I didn't. I think we can all see it clearly now. That was naive, inept, brainless, whatever, tonight.

We shouldn't have been starting Navas at all for that game but, having done so, he should have been running at Maicon and not Cole. Everyone round me was saying it yet he stayed on the right where Ashley Cole had him for breakfast. Kolarov should definitely have started to give us the extra width that Clichy doesn't, even when he has a good game. We just play at half speed with no sense of urgency or desire.

You think a guy who took two infinitely shitter teams than ours further in the CL than Mancini ever got us, the reigning P L trophy holding manager can't take us to the next level?

Haha. Ok.

It is a major concern that he makes the same mistakes in key Champions League games. We don't have the same mobility as Atletico Madrid have to play with just two midfielders.

Marvin said:
Poor passing has got nothing to do with the way we were set up

We uncharacteristically gave the ball away continually for the first half an hour before we started to get on top of them.

Roma did not do anything which I haven't seen many English clubs do to us, and we don't change tactics against them.

It's just easy criticism

Mancini used to get this as well. He can't manage in Europe blah blah blah.

Pellegrini has a good record in European competition anyway

Pellegrini played exactly the same formation and tactics last season at home against Munich. We got totally and utterly over run in the middle and paid the price. His solution to being over run was replacing a striker with another striker. As you could have guessed it made no difference what so ever.

You need to win the midfield battle first. We continually do not do that in Europe. Tonight was a match we had to win. We failed to do so and imo Manuel must take most of the responsibility for it.

He's so fucking stubborn. Just refuses to accept when he's made a fuck up. His stubbornness is going to cost him his job if he's not careful.

Mister Appointment said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
When I posted last week that I didn't think he had the ability to take us that final step, I thought I'd get slaughtered but to my surprise I didn't. I think we can all see it clearly now. That was naive, inept, brainless, whatever, tonight.

We shouldn't have been starting Navas at all for that game but, having done so, he should have been running at Maicon and not Cole. Everyone round me was saying it yet he stayed on the right where Ashley Cole had him for breakfast. Kolarov should definitely have started to give us the extra width that Clichy doesn't, even when he has a good game. We just play at half speed with no sense of urgency or desire.

You think a guy who took two infinitely shitter teams than ours further in the CL than Mancini ever got us, the reigning P L trophy holding manager can't take us to the next level?

Haha. Ok.

Pellegrini has had imo better squads an easier groups than Mancini.

Mister Appointment said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

Haha. Ok.
If those teams were infinitely shitter thsn us then why aren't we doing better in the CL against decent opposition? The truth is (and you know this) that managers have their level. And for some, that means getting an outwardly average team at a club with little money to perform miracles. But for some reason they can't do it at a bigger team with theoretically better players.

Fame Monster said:
Can't believe we're taking so long to sack him. I would have sacked him four months into his job, when we got raped by Bayern at home last year as a result of him making the same fundamental errors that he made tonight. I'd probably fuck Khaldoon off as well because I hold him responsible for letting it go on for so long. We need a half-decent manager, overseen by some ruthless Vincent Tan motherfucker as director of football and then we can talk about the Champions League.

Wow!!

Whilst I love Manuel, it wouldnt surprise me to see him leave at the end of the year, we haven't improved in the CL and I don't think we'll ever win it with him, we need a manager like Pep or Simeone, a manager who makes his players believe they are good enough. We have the best squad in the league and yet we play with a huge inferiority complex in europe which is something that comes from the manager IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.