Manuel Pellegrini

Status
Not open for further replies.
the recent results are not good.

we will lose alot of money if we don't make it to the last 16. i wonder if pellegrini will be allowed to stay on if we fail to qualify.

teams with lower budgets have made it very far in the CL .. despite having a massive budget we failed to impress in the last few years.

i think txiki and soriano are already lining up a new manager with a different approach.

the pressure is on pellegrini.

Robinho's Subbuteo said:
MeatHunterrr said:
Robinho's Subbuteo said:
I wonder if his 2 year contract will be extended if we fail to do well in the CL?
he has 3 year contract, runs to 2016.

My mistake. Will it be renewed in 2016?
I think even if he was to win the champions league he wouldn't manage us past 2016. Txiki and ferran don't like managers to manage a club for more than 3 years they like it to be freshened up constantly so I think if pellegrini was to win the champions league he'll bow out as a champion in 2016

Robinho's Subbuteo said:
MeatHunterrr said:
Robinho's Subbuteo said:
I wonder if his 2 year contract will be extended if we fail to do well in the CL?
he has 3 year contract, runs to 2016.

My mistake. Will it be renewed in 2016?

No, but that would be the same if we won the CL. The Barca boys have often spoken about 3-55 year cycles and changing the manager after that period. Soriano did a big presentation about it in Abu dhabi a few months back.

Prestwich_Blue said:
George Hannah said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
I think he's sort of trying to play 4-3-3 but we don't have the third player in the front 3. It's not Silva or Nasri and Navas hasnt done enough to convince me he could stake a claim to it.

The other problem is that Yaya really isn't the central player in a midfield 3 as he's not aggressive enough. Pjanic was that player last night and I'd swap Yaya for him in a heartbeat. I'd even give Milner that role.

My outfield 10 with what we've got would be something like Kolarov, Kompany, Mangala, Zabaleta, Silva, Milner, Nasri/Toure, Jovetic, Aguero, Dzeko. In that, the fullbacks provide width and Silva, Toure/Nasri float about behind the front three.
you got something against the Ferns?
Well spotted mate.
no, really, I'm surprised - maybe you could expand on your reservations in a more relevant thread? I really think we should play them both anytime they are fit in every game.

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=305103&hilit=fernandinho&start=40" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=305103&hilit=fernandinho&start=40</a>

robbieh said:
Mister Appointment said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
Who is next in line-I hope the club are planning for life after Pelle and I am sure they are.
I'd love Klopp or Simeone

12 months is a long time in football. However on last night's showing I'd suggest that Garcia would be high on any list of potential replacements for Pellegrini.

For me it would have to be Klopp though. Everyone else comes a distant second to him. Anyway lets not throw the baby out with the bath water. This time last year don't forget you were calling Pellegrini a clueless old fucker who was never going to win anything at City. ;)

Last year we had to win the league, we had easily the best squad. Any half decent manager would have done it. Chelsea lacked a credible goalscorer. Luckily Mourinho slagged off all his strikers and loaned out Lukaku. Strangely no one criticized him. And Liverpool bottled it due to a lack of experience and too much emotion.

Pelle got us over the line just. That is not going to work this year. As far as Europe is concerned any English club who wants to win it has to be pragmatic. Why? Because Real, Barca and Bayern to a lesser extent are always going to have better players. To win the CL the manager needs to be cleverer than his opponent. That requires analysing the other team to the nth degree. Pellegrini gives me the impression he does a Keegan.

ie "We are great lads just go and play, everything will be OK."

a bit harsh.

pellegrini was new to english football and managed to win the double.

liverpool did well because only had the league to focus on .. we actually were involved in 4 competitions until late into the season .

he's a decent manager who had done well so far. he is by no means perfect as he makes strange decisions at times but he has my backing so long as we make it to the quarter finals in the cl and we finish 1st or 2nd in the league.

ancoats said:
why does Pellegrini not let the key players play my hate is having silva tracking back we must find a setup to start hurting teams with key players a 5 midfield with 1 striker aguero and have silva yaya nasri milner Fernandinho or when fit Fernando for milner

we must never play 2 up front in champions league we can play dzeko and aguero but aguero must drop into midfield or wide but you must never have 2 up field when we lose the ball last not it was easy to see after we scored dzeko and aguero was never getting a sniff of the ball its was all in midfield we just could not get the ball

hurt the other team don't have silva in the leftback role doubling up have him up the park that way the other team will have to mark him and not the other way around

We could take off a striker and put silva in the number 10 role .. he won't have to do much defending but we won't see the best of him as he'll only have one striker to feed the ball to. Silva needs atleast two strikers to run off him. A diamond formation would work and Pellegrni actually briefly switched to the diamond formation against hull .. i think the reason he doesn't use this formation more often is because it is deeply flawed . maybe pellegrini is pragmatic after all.

mastermind said:
robbieh said:
Mister Appointment said:
12 months is a long time in football. However on last night's showing I'd suggest that Garcia would be high on any list of potential replacements for Pellegrini.

For me it would have to be Klopp though. Everyone else comes a distant second to him. Anyway lets not throw the baby out with the bath water. This time last year don't forget you were calling Pellegrini a clueless old fucker who was never going to win anything at City. ;)

Last year we had to win the league, we had easily the best squad. Any half decent manager would have done it. Chelsea lacked a credible goalscorer. Luckily Mourinho slagged off all his strikers and loaned out Lukaku. Strangely no one criticized him. And Liverpool bottled it due to a lack of experience and too much emotion.

Pelle got us over the line just. That is not going to work this year. As far as Europe is concerned any English club who wants to win it has to be pragmatic. Why? Because Real, Barca and Bayern to a lesser extent are always going to have better players. To win the CL the manager needs to be cleverer than his opponent. That requires analysing the other team to the nth degree. Pellegrini gives me the impression he does a Keegan.

ie "We are great lads just go and play, everything will be OK."

a bit harsh.

pellegrini was new to english football and managed to win the double.

liverpool did well because only had the league to focus on .. we actually were involved in 4 competitions until late into the season .

he's a decent manager who had done well so far. he is by no means perfect as he makes strange decisions at times but he has my backing so long as we make it to the quarter finals in the cl and we finish 1st or 2nd in the league.

He is a good manager but not one who will take this team to a Chumps League title in three years.

If the owners believe this squad is good enough to do so they won't cut him much slack especially if we finish behind Roma this time around.

George Hannah said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
George Hannah said:
you got something against the Ferns?
Well spotted mate.
no, really, I'm surprised - maybe you could expand on your reservations in a more relevant thread? I really think we should play them both anytime they are fit in every game.

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=305103&hilit=fernandinho&start=40" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=1&t=305103&hilit=fernandinho&start=40</a>
No - I meant it was an oversight, not a deliberate snub. I'd happily see the two of them in the team with Yaya in front of them.

mastermind said:
ancoats said:
why does Pellegrini not let the key players play my hate is having silva tracking back we must find a setup to start hurting teams with key players a 5 midfield with 1 striker aguero and have silva yaya nasri milner Fernandinho or when fit Fernando for milner

we must never play 2 up front in champions league we can play dzeko and aguero but aguero must drop into midfield or wide but you must never have 2 up field when we lose the ball last not it was easy to see after we scored dzeko and aguero was never getting a sniff of the ball its was all in midfield we just could not get the ball

hurt the other team don't have silva in the leftback role doubling up have him up the park that way the other team will have to mark him and not the other way around

We could take off a striker and put silva in the number 10 role .. he won't have to do much defending but we won't see the best of him as he'll only have one striker to feed the ball to. Silva needs atleast two strikers to run off him. A diamond formation would work and Pellegrni actually briefly switched to the diamond formation against hull .. i think the reason he doesn't use this formation more often is because it is deeply flawed . maybe pellegrini is pragmatic after all.

IMO we would need more mobility and pace to be able to play a diamond.

Love the man I really do. However if Madrid go loco and sack Ancelotti I would be all over him like a rash if I was Sorriano.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.