Manuel Pellegrini

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would suggest the return and form of Fernando will be inextricably linked to whether Manuel is our manager next summer.

A bit like Fernandinho, last season, the player is clearly a fundamental part of what he wants, going forward.

In saying that, Pellegrini should still be tactically astute enough to tread water in the interim, and has not shown enough pragmatism.

Perhaps the ego of our players will only take the next step now if they respond to a universally-renowned manager?

That should not be the case.

Mourinho was clearly not that man, but Pep might be if the season does not go the way our owners want it?

Pellegrini... I've said it before and I'll say it again... He flatters to deceive and is not good enough for this level of football. He is not good enough for Manchester City. He didn't 'engineer' the title last year... the dippers fucked it up big time, and we were fortunate to have Edin Dzeko to drag us over the finishing line.
His team selection last night was shit and he should have changed it after 20 minutes or so, when we were all aware that Roma were in charge of the midfield.... Wind back 12 months to Bayern doing the same to us... Does this clown not learn from experience? If we don't at least win the league this year, he'll get bombed (and good riddance in my opinion).

Anyone who watched the EDS match yesterday will have seen that Roma have the same 'holistic' approach as City. Their kids played exactly the same as their first team. Patrick Viera spotted the problems in midfield and sorted them out. Pellegrini isn't brave enough to make such match changing decisions... His approach is too predictable. He's been a very lucky manager, whose luck may well be running out.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I would suggest the return and form of Fernando will be inextricably linked to whether Manuel is our manager next summer.

A bit like Fernandinho, last season, the player is clearly a fundamental part of what he wants, going forward.

In saying that, Pellegrini should still be tactically astute enough to tread water in the interim, and has not shown enough pragmatism.

Perhaps the ego of our players will only take the next step now if they respond to a universally-renowned manager?

That should not be the case.

Mourinho was clearly not that man, but Pep might be if the season does not go the way our owners want it?

Pellegrini isn't flexible or adaptable enough to be good enough to go all the way in the Champions League in my opinion, like Wenger they have one way of playing and it's that way or no way.

We shouldn't have to rely on individual players as well to get results, Roma for example had their first choice keeper, De Rossi and Strootman out, that's two players instrumental to their midfield yet they setup with what they had, adapted and got a result. That's top notch Champions League management.

If Pellegrini fails to get out of the groups I think we will see a new manager next season.

mancity1 said:
He is a good manager but not one who will take this team to a Chumps League title in three years.

Such definitive statements have a habit of coming back an biting posters on the arse. :)

Seriously though - I think the squad is in transition between that which Mancini wanted and that which Pellegrini wants. This summer we couldn't be reactive in the market because of the FFP restrictions in terms of money we could spend and also in terms of squad limits with regard 'foreign' players.

And as I said earlier, get Mangala and Fernando integrated and we're already a much stronger and forceful proposition than we currently are.

Mister Appointment said:
mancity1 said:
He is a good manager but not one who will take this team to a Chumps League title in three years.

Such definitive statements have a habit of coming back an biting posters on the arse. :)

Seriously though - I think the squad is in transition between that which Mancini wanted and that which Pellegrini wants. This summer we couldn't be reactive in the market because of the FFP restrictions in terms of money we could spend and also in terms of squad limits with regard 'foreign' players.

And as I said earlier, get Mangala and Fernando integrated and we're already a much stronger and forceful proposition than we currently are.

I can't for one second bring myself to believe that Pellegrini gets what HE wants. He gets what he's given and does what he's told. If and when the season goes tits up, he'll get the bullet... Just like Bobby did.

Lavinda Past said:
Pellegrini... I've said it before and I'll say it again... He flatters to deceive and is not good enough for this level of football. He is not good enough for Manchester City. He didn't 'engineer' the title last year... the dippers fucked it up big time, and we were fortunate to have Edin Dzeko to drag us over the finishing line.
His team selection last night was shit and he should have changed it after 20 minutes or so, when we were all aware that Roma were in charge of the midfield.... Wind back 12 months to Bayern doing the same to us... Does this clown not learn from experience? If we don't at least win the league this year, he'll get bombed (and good riddance in my opinion).

Anyone who watched the EDS match yesterday will have seen that Roma have the same 'holistic' approach as City. Their kids played exactly the same as their first team. Patrick Viera spotted the problems in midfield and sorted them out. Pellegrini isn't brave enough to make such match changing decisions... His approach is too predictable. He's been a very lucky manager, whose luck may well be running out.

You were last seen spouting the same guff back in March, and then, whoops, City went and won the league, and you promptly disappeared off the radar. I welcome your return like a cat does a fluke worm......

Lavinda Past said:
Mister Appointment said:
mancity1 said:

I can't for one second bring myself to believe that Pellegrini gets what HE wants. He gets what he's given and does what he's told. If and when the season goes tits up, he'll get the bullet... Just like Bobby did.

You can't really believe that, surely?

I would argue buying Demichelis for £3m, two months after joining Atletico on a free transfer, has our manager's thumb print all over it?

As does Willy Caballero?

Barcelona don't play 4-4-2 - yet we have a technical director, steeped in its traditions, ordering our manager to play it?

Sorry, but sometimes the can really is carried by the manager.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Mister Appointment said:
mancity1 said:

As you know, your arse being so full of bite marks. ;-)

Yeah, my track record in the last couple of years is appalling. :)

Exeter Blue I am here said:
Lavinda Past said:

You were last seen spouting the same guff back in March, and then, whoops, City went and won the league, and you promptly disappeared off the radar. I welcome your return like a cat does a fluke worm......

My absence over the past few months is of no concern.... I can but repeat...

He didn't 'engineer' the title last year... the dippers fucked it up big time, and we were fortunate to have Edin Dzeko to drag us over the finishing line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.