Manuel Pellegrini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lavinda Past said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
Lavinda Past said:
Pellegrini... I've said it before and I'll say it again... He flatters to deceive and is not good enough for this level of football. He is not good enough for Manchester City. He didn't 'engineer' the title last year... the dippers fucked it up big time, and we were fortunate to have Edin Dzeko to drag us over the finishing line.
His team selection last night was shit and he should have changed it after 20 minutes or so, when we were all aware that Roma were in charge of the midfield.... Wind back 12 months to Bayern doing the same to us... Does this clown not learn from experience? If we don't at least win the league this year, he'll get bombed (and good riddance in my opinion).

Anyone who watched the EDS match yesterday will have seen that Roma have the same 'holistic' approach as City. Their kids played exactly the same as their first team. Patrick Viera spotted the problems in midfield and sorted them out. Pellegrini isn't brave enough to make such match changing decisions... His approach is too predictable. He's been a very lucky manager, whose luck may well be running out.

You were last seen spouting the same guff back in March, and then, whoops, City went and won the league, and you promptly disappeared off the radar. I welcome your return like a cat does a fluke worm......

My absence over the past few months is of no concern.... I can but repeat...

He didn't 'engineer' the title last year... the dippers fucked it up big time, and we were fortunate to have Edin Dzeko to drag us over the finishing line.

Making your font larger doesn’t add to your argument. It detracts from it - and it was already sunk in the water. Edin was part of the team. You say it as if he arrived like a fucking phoenix to rise from the ashes to help a squad that he’d previously played no part in. You could make the same argument for any player - we wouldn’t have won it but for XXXX when he XXXX (insert player and reason).

The team that wins the league is the best team. Always has been, always will be. Standing on top of the league means one thing: Winner. And that’s what Pelligrini is and was. A winner. No amount of “Liverpool shoulda woulda coulda” fucking nonsense can change that.

According to the press pack, his job is totally safe. City want him to reach the quarters this season but won't sack him if he doesn't. They seem to be realistic and think it could take up to 5 years to win this thing. I think we're miles away with our style in Europe and would find it a challenge even to win the Europa League at the moment.

Personally, I think the charm offensive for Pep Guardiola will resume soon in hopes of persuading him to take over from Pellegrini when contracts expire. I admire the way Pep has maintained some of Bayern's traditional style such as the pacy wingers and mixed it with his possession based football. And as we saw against us, he was tweaking his tactics throughout the game so seems like someone able to adjust to new challenges and environments.

The way Bayern play now would be pretty good in England, because they keep hold of the ball but also have Robben/Ribery/Shaqiri as direct attacking outlets to make sure they aren't too predictable. We seem to lack that variety in attack sometimes and I hope that will be one of our priorities next summer.

LoveCity said:
According to the press pack, his job is totally safe. City want him to reach the quarters this season but won't sack him if he doesn't. They seem to be realistic and think it could take up to 5 years to win this thing. I think we're miles away with our style in Europe and would find it a challenge even to win the Europa League at the moment.

Personally, I think the charm offensive for Pep Guardiola will resume soon in hopes of persuading him to take over from Pellegrini when contracts expire. I admire the way Pep has maintained some of Bayern's traditional style such as the pacy wingers and mixed it with his possession based football. And as we saw against us, he was tweaking his tactics throughout the game so seems like someone able to adjust to new challenges and environments.

The way Bayern play now would be pretty good in England, because they keep hold of the ball but also have Robben/Ribery/Shaqiri as direct attacking outlets to make sure they aren't too predictable. We seem to lack that variety in attack sometimes and I hope that will be one of our priorities next summer.

hate to disagree with you, but Pep made bayern play some really drab stuff. the etihad game was when bayern were arguably the best - somewhere between Pep's possession style and heynckeys direct style. but that really became dull as the season wore off. bayern weren't that convincing against arsenal and the rags, and even look at the CSKA game last night. He also likes to change things a lot - flexibility is good but changing and chopping so much isn't that great.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I would suggest the return and form of Fernando will be inextricably linked to whether Manuel is our manager next summer.

A bit like Fernandinho, last season, the player is clearly a fundamental part of what he wants, going forward.

In saying that, Pellegrini should still be tactically astute enough to tread water in the interim, and has not shown enough pragmatism.

Perhaps the ego of our players will only take the next step now if they respond to a universally-renowned manager?

That should not be the case.

Mourinho was clearly not that man, but Pep might be if the season does not go the way our owners want it?

Our owners will give him time and he has done what was required of him in his first season but they have shown that they will not hesitate to make the necessary adjustments if they think our progress is stalling.

its sad ho we have not adjusted the way we play in europe. You can get away with a 4-4-2 over 38 games but play that crap in the UCL and you get found. We freaking suck and we need to make the necessary adjustments.

magiccue01 said:
its sad ho we have not adjusted the way we play in europe. You can get away with a 4-4-2 over 38 games but play that crap in the UCL and you get found. We freaking suck and we need to make the necessary adjustments.

Do you mean personnel wise or otherwise?

A fair few of the complaints I'm reading about our style of play sound very familiar to what we accused Mancini of doing. That too me says its as much about our players as it is Pellergrini. We are far too slow and predictable because that is the squad we have assembled. Destroys many teams in the PL but not the elite champions league sides we keep facing.

mancity1 said:
magiccue01 said:

Do you mean personnel wise or otherwise?
Both. The coach needs to realize we will lose the midfield if we play yaya and fernadinho because yaya cannot close anyone down and most elite teams will play three in the middle to get an edge over us unless its barca who can hold the ball all night. Also, the players need to change their attitude and play like they are being paid for it.

johnnytapia said:
Lavinda Past said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
You were last seen spouting the same guff back in March, and then, whoops, City went and won the league, and you promptly disappeared off the radar. I welcome your return like a cat does a fluke worm......

My absence over the past few months is of no concern.... I can but repeat...

He didn't 'engineer' the title last year... the dippers fucked it up big time, and we were fortunate to have Edin Dzeko to drag us over the finishing line.

Making your font larger doesn’t add to your argument. It detracts from it - and it was already sunk in the water. Edin was part of the team. You say it as if he arrived like a fucking phoenix to rise from the ashes to help a squad that he’d previously played no part in. You could make the same argument for any player - we wouldn’t have won it but for XXXX when he XXXX (insert player and reason).

The team that wins the league is the best team. Always has been, always will be. Standing on top of the league means one thing: Winner. And that’s what Pelligrini is and was. A winner. No amount of “Liverpool shoulda woulda coulda” fucking nonsense can change that.

Pelligrini 'engineered' us into second place with a few games to play. Liverpool were due a bad run and we were ideally positioned to take advantage when they stuffed up. So lets give credit were it is due - to the manager, coaching staff and players.
Unfortunately, Pellers had stuffed up badly with this Champions League campaign. I just hope he analyses the errors and comes up with solutions that allow us to progress.

All is not lost by any means so let's keep some perspective.

Take 6 from Moscow and we'll be sat on 7 with Bayern (h) and Roma (a) to go.

Hopefully Bayern do the double on Roma and they'll have qualified on 12 by the time they come to us.

Beat them at the Etihad and we'll be laughing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.