Maradona plea to City

Pam said:
He's shitting it at the prospect of missing out on South Africa. But let me get this straight, Maradonna is asking for our players to be rested just so they can play a friendly for their country?? Course you can Diego. We don't mind one bit. So what if these players are being paid hundreds of thousands of squids a week to play for the club and who cares if people come back crocked and jet lagged and what does it matter that we will suffer another interruption in our momentum as a result of these wretched internationals? Be our guest.

Twatzoid Maradonna.
No, 2 WC qualifiers.

We should drive a hard bargain and insist that the players are not called up for meaningless friendlies for the next 2 years.

TINY said:
How about fuck off you cheating little twat?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5604406,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 06,00.html</a>

Argentina want Manchester City to leave Carlos Tevez and Pablo Zabaleta out of their team for Monday's clash with Aston Villa.

Under-pressure coach Diego Maradona is keen for the duo not to be involved as he prepares his side for their crucial qualifiers against Peru and Uruguay on 10th and 14th October.

Eastlands manager Mark Hughes is very unlikely to be keen on any suggestion that he leaves two key players out of his plans for the Premier League fixture.

Reports in South America suggest that City have already rejected an initial approach but have offered to fly the duo to Buenos Aires immediately after the match.

Maradona is now set to make a personal plea to City, with Argentina in serious danger of missing out on qualification for next summer's World Cup finals in South Africa.

The South American giants are currently fifth in the standings, with only the top four guaranteed to progress to next summer's showpiece and the side in fifth entering a play-off.

An Argentina Football Federation spokesman said: "We want to reach an agreement with City."

payback time, cheating fucking dirtbag of a piece of scum.

de niro said:
TINY said:
How about fuck off you cheating little twat?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5604406,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 06,00.html</a>

payback time, cheating fucking dirtbag of a piece of scum.

If we rest Zab and Tevez then I'll be really pissed off.

I hate Maradona, he's a first class numpty.

They play Peru on Saturday 10th.

Pablo and Carlos could be on plane to Buenos Aires early Tuesday morning and be at training on Wednesday.That is plenty of time,cant really see what Maradona is worried about.

Why the big thing about Pablo anyway?Surely Maradona isnt that clueless a manager that he's only just realised how good Zaba is??

bluemoon32 said:
sweep said:
A bit of a shortsighted view IMO, we will have more chance of them being left out of pointless international friendlies in future if we try and help AS LONG AS we're in a position to do so. Also, I'm sure the players would want to give themselves the best possible chance of qualifying for the WC.

So, you want us to rest players and maybe throw league points away just to help out a national side, even though the laws regarding the release of international players are completely on our side in this instance ?.......i'm sorry, that's ridiculous.
As far as the players are concerned, i have no doubt that Tevez and Zabs are the types of players that want to play on monday and will not cause problems at the club because of this, on the off chance that they kicked off with Hughes about wanting to rest ahead of international games then i hope Hughes would tell them that they are City players first & foremost and they'd better get used to it.
Yeah of course I want us to throw points away... FFS learn to read.

sweep said:
They're City players before Argentina players as far as I'm concerned, club before country every day of the week. He did leave Tevez out of a game at our request so as a compromise I'd consider bringing on Cruz for Tevez 50 - 60 minutes in if circumstances are favourable.

Zabs barely gets noticed by Argentina, now they want us to agree to leave him out of the team? It will most likely happen regardless.

Maradona has made his bed and has to lie in it now, these last two games might save them but he could have done more before this point. Leave Tev and Zabs out of it you fat cheat.

lovecityhateunited said:
Pam said:
No, ffs. City winning a throw in is more important to me than Argentina winning the World Cup. Or England, for that matter. I'm sure the club feels the same way.

I England to be honest but it is the world cup and can uimagine the chaos if arge if they miss out.

sweep said:
bluemoon32 said:
So, you want us to rest players and maybe throw league points away just to help out a national side, even though the laws regarding the release of international players are completely on our side in this instance ?.......i'm sorry, that's ridiculous.
As far as the players are concerned, i have no doubt that Tevez and Zabs are the types of players that want to play on monday and will not cause problems at the club because of this, on the off chance that they kicked off with Hughes about wanting to rest ahead of international games then i hope Hughes would tell them that they are City players first & foremost and they'd better get used to it.

sweep said:
They're City players before Argentina players as far as I'm concerned, club before country every day of the week. He did leave Tevez out of a game at our request so as a compromise I'd consider bringing on Cruz for Tevez 50 - 60 minutes in if circumstances are favourable.

Well, circumstances say we're in no position to help them, it's not as if we're 10 pts clear in the league,

bluemoon32 said:
sweep said:

Well, circumstances say we're in no position to help them, it's not as if we're 10 pts clear in the league,
I thought it was obvious from what I wrote on page 2 I was referring to the circumstances in the Villa game, I'll leave it at that as it seems pointless trying to debate with someone who can't or won't listen to a differing view.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.