Maradona, truly the best player on this planet so far

dazdon said:
For me it was fat Ronaldo he was incredible.
Out of the players I have seen in my lifetime it was the real Ronaldo too. Frighteningly good. He had two career ending knee injureis (especially with the state of technology back then) and still came back to be the best striker in the world.

As I said before, I have seen lots of full matches of Pele and Maradona including all their world cup games. Now that's not enough to judge, but considering the magnitude of the games Pele was still the best.

Maradona played in Serie A against some of the best defenders and defensive tacticians in the history of the game, and he did it playing for Napoli. For the younger lot on here, Serie A was by far the best league in the world in the 80's (and 90's).

Football now is much more skewed towards attacking players than it used to be. From the rules, to the ball, to the pitches, etc. pretty much everything gives attackers the advantage, so I don't put that much stock in goal stats when comparing modern players to past ones.

Maradona is the best player I have ever seen. One can only imagine what madness he'd unleash on the modern game.

With respect to Messi, obviously a fantastic player and one of the greatest, I actually think C. Ronaldo would be seen as the better player of the two if you built a time machine and sent them back.

All the Messi fans should know that if he played in the olden days he wouldn't be as good as he is now. Players are miles more protected these days, if Maradonna and Pele played in todays game they'd be twice as good as they were back then and that's saying something.

Crouchinho said:
When is Maradona resuming his playing career? I heard he was going to join a lower division team. Can't wait to see him in action!

It you want to see a fat old timer, who's pat it, one that snorts coke to perform, go to any Manchester night club bogs at 3am.

de niro said:
Crouchinho said:
When is Maradona resuming his playing career? I heard he was going to join a lower division team. Can't wait to see him in action!

It you want to see a fat old timer, who's pat it, one that snorts coke to perform, go to any Manchester night club bogs at 3am.
Or anytime we play at Wembley!

My dad who has always supported City still to this day reckons George Best is the best player he has ever seen, two footed and ghosted past people like they weren't there, if he'd played for England he would have graced countless World Cups and would be talked about on the same breath as Maradonna and Pele. He also said that he used to watch Duncan Edwards train as he lived behind the swamp as a kid and said he was unbelievable, that was back when people used to go watch both teams until he saw the light.
Personally for me at the moment it's Maradonna, he won the 86 World Cup on his own and was outstanding, if Messi can do that then he may take over but until then it's Maradonna.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.