Marble Arch (Manchester)

samy

Wats this boozer like since ive been on her lot of blues rave about it never been in but pass it everyday on my way to work?

Simply a cracking old fashioned pub, with great beers and the food is top too. It's sister pub, Knott Bar on Castlefield end of Deansgate is superb too. Try 'em!

Can't recommend it highly enough. The beers are fantastic, the food is superb value and the jukebox is pretty decent as well.

Also, it's just far enough out of town that it's not become too crowded despite its reputation.

samy said:
What ag groups go in there though . Young Middleage Older or mixed??

More middle age I reckon, but a few younger too. Lot of Post Office workers get in there from across the road.......now you realise why the post gets delivered so late. ; )

i work at that post office and i can say with my hand on my heart the sorting staff are the only ones who go in there(the people who work in doors) as the delivery staff are out deliverin mail from 9am(the marble arch opens at 12, all delivery staff are more or less finished by then) its not that great anyway its tiny and i can only say people who are addicted to real ale pubs will like it!!! in a word shit!

Get yourself in there,curl your toes under the bar foot rest or undo your belt and fasten it around the grab rail.
lean back untill comfy and start from left to right on the copious different types of traditional ale's.
Oh....dont forget to pre order your taxi sooner than you thought as the ale is real and very potent! ENJOY.

rickmcity said:
Get yourself in there,curl your toes under the bar foot rest or undo your belt and fasten it around the grab rail.
lean back untill comfy and start from left to right on the copious different types of traditional ale's.
Oh....dont forget to pre order your taxi sooner than you thought as the ale is real and very potent! ENJOY.

see my point exactly i agree if your one of those can i have half a pint of that 18 per cent belgian cherry cider or can i have a tiny mug of that blueberry bitter that blows ur brains out and taste like shit type then you'll love it as for the dukebox its got all 60s music APART from the fact its got Whats the story morning glory album (oasis) and The Smiths greatest hits (which seems to be on repeat every time iv been in).

If you're like me and would like a bit of atmosphere before the games places like Mary D's are the places to go why would you wanna quiet pint before the game? ah well everyone to there own i suppose.....Marble Arch is alrite but not my cuppa tea at all!!!

see my point exactly i agree if your one of those can i have half a pint of that 18 per cent belgian cherry cider or can i have a tiny mug of that blueberry bitter that blows ur brains out and taste like shit type then you'll love it as for the dukebox its got all 60s music APART from the fact its got Whats the story morning glory album (oasis) and The Smiths greatest hits (which seems to be on repeat every time iv been in).

If you're like me and would like a bit of atmosphere before the games places like Mary D's are the places to go why would you wanna quiet pint before the game? ah well everyone to there own i suppose.....Marble Arch is alrite but not my cuppa tea at all!!!

You failed to mention you were going in before the match! this pub is for drinkers hence i only go 2-3 times a year.Not on a match day.
The general mood in there seems to be middle of the road and not stereotypical as you said above.
I go to shambels square or picadilly before the game for some atmosphere but find mary d's a little over the top.
It all depends on your mood and to some extent your age.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.