Marc Bola charged with misconduct

Is it actually woke people behind this policy of the FA to charge footballers for historic tweets before they were professionals?

Or just bitter fans of other clubs?

A sensible policy would be for the FA to give these educational courses on a mandatory basis to all players when they sign for premier league clubs from overseas, or sign professional or scholarship terms.

Plenty of money to do this at PL and Championship level, and plenty of free time in afternoons after training to do it.

This gives them immunity for social media posts made before this but any future breaches and they get the book thrown at them, on the basis that they cannot argue they didn't know any better.
A far more sensitive and constructive reaction compared to some of the Poundland Piers Morgan nonsense posted by the Male Online ‘political correctness gone mad’ crowd

Is it actually woke people behind this policy of the FA to charge footballers for historic tweets before they were professionals?

Or just bitter fans of other clubs?

A sensible policy would be for the FA to give these educational courses on a mandatory basis to all players when they sign for premier league clubs from overseas, or sign professional or scholarship terms.

Plenty of money to do this at PL and Championship level, and plenty of free time in afternoons after training to do it.

This gives them immunity for social media posts made before this but any future breaches and they get the book thrown at them, on the basis that they cannot argue they didn't know any better.
It’s woke culture and now we’ve reached a place where society has progressed so far, the busy cunts have to either invent discrimination or go back in time to punish people.

you are Kim Jong- un, i claim my £5

Yeah exactly that. Or maybe because we already have equality and diversity training in many occupations in the UK. Particularly public sector or public facing roles.

As footballers are "role models" whether they want to be or not, it's reasonable to expect them to behave by certain guidelines on social media. It isn't reasonable to expect them to behave by those guidelines if they aren't informed what those rules are or before they are professional footballers.

Seems a bit ridiculous this. It was for an apparently homophobic tweet he made nine years ago, when he was 14 years old. Not really sure what the FA are seeking to achieve with such charges. Surely there should be a statute of limitations for stuff like this?

Whilst I take the point isn't the danger a racist or homophobic teen in the youth set up can post what he wants knowing that afterwards he is in the clear in say 3 years? You will never fully change what people think in my opinion but you can change how they express themselves and if you want to change that you have to act on historical tweets.

Whilst I take the point isn't the danger a racist or homophobic teen in the youth set up can post what he wants knowing that afterwards he is in the clear in say 3 years? You will never fully change what people think in my opinion but you can change how they express themselves and if you want to change that you have to act on historical tweets.
No, I think many 14 year olds will say all manner of stupid shit for various reasons. Retrospectively punishing them for it a decade later is madness and serves no real purpose.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.