Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for whether Brightons approach could affect future transfers, it may although if Cucarella gets his move at the end I don't think it will have too much impact.

Don't really care if it does or doesnt to be honest, they can run their club how they see fit.

I genuinely think its just not our market.
We either sign ready to go first teamers that will keep us at the top or we sign youth players that can do 1-2 years in EDS or at a CFG club before selling them on for profit.

We don’t look at “bargains” because they are a risk no matter what. £15m is a bloody big risk to take if you arent certain they’ll be good enough. Put 2 or 3 in and the squad quality starts to drop off affecting training, reducing opportunities to EDS, filling spaces for future signings etc.

Brighton or similar can do it because a £15m player is likely to improve their squad or at least not weaken it and gives them upside if he delivers.
I think you're right, I suppose the "bigger" clubs scouting pool will be aimed at the ready made elite player. BHA's circumstances probably mean that they look to the £10-15m bracket players more than we do. Less of a risk for them than for a team challenging - perhaps even with a view to profit if they over perform.

Just confuses me that 1 season can see a player marked up that much. Imagine what the likes of Shaun Wright-Phillips and Micah Richards would have been worth to pre takeover City in today's money. We'd have made a fortune.

I wish we were! Seems one step forward (Haaland and Alvarez, finally proper strikers!) but one step back (only two full backs, one of whom can’t really defend)!

Walker and Cancelo are going to have to stay fit and play an awful lot of games this season. Stones is shit at RB and Aké not great at LB.

Hopefully the club is still looking for at least one pacy full back that can actually tackle during the rest of this transfer window. Can’t believe Pep thinks it’s a good idea going for four trophies with the defence so vulnerable to just one player injury.

yeah what started with a bang has certainly been countered by the sales of sterling, jesus and zinny with their experience and depth on the bench when required?

A bit oversimplified - Brighton's primary objective is to remain in the Premier League and to sell their best players cheaply without replacements is not really on the agenda. Giving this aim the non-events unfolding was predictable and predicted by me in earlier messages. It did not take a rocket scientist to work out, just to ignore the fiction.

Cheaply?

I’m not sure the rest of your post holds much credibility when you include such an absurd claim within it!

But fair enough - you think it’s excellent squad management, I think it’s ego-driven short-termism.

The one thing that’s indisputable is that it’s not City’s problem anymore - which is a huge relief - so I’m happy to let go of whether this will impact Brighton’s transfer dealings in the future.

Frankly I couldn’t give a fuck if it does.

I thought the refereeing was normal for us in Europe.
We should be used to it by now.
We had that game won without the ‘odd’ refereeing. We threw it away ourselves. I think we are mentally weak this season and have shown this in several games.
We cannot see out games like we used to.
Kev is only at about 70% levels we are used to. He constantly looks like he’s blowing and his radar has been off all season and last season when he was off, we had Gundogan to step into the breach. This season his legs look gone. We have no pace in midfield at all and Rodri good as he is, cannot do it on his own.
We lack the leadership to keep everyone focused like Vinnie used to do.
When we are good we are very good but when we step back down to 2nd or 3rd gear we cannot game manage and blow our advantage.

Add to that the fact we squander so many gilt edged chances and it makes it a long tough season with no let up. No breathers.

I think there are a few mentally weak players in the squad. I won’t single anyone out and kick them when we’re down but the squad is not as strong as it may have seemed.

Apart from that, we’re doing quite well.
Just win our next five games by hook or by crook and regroup.

Mustn’t grumble.

imagine my surpise that the man who held out for 50mil from people who were refusing to pay it, is now asking for more from the people who straight away said they'd meet it.
It's almost like txiki probably had the right idea by being obtuse in the negotiations

Looks like Chelsea have shown their hand way way too early and Broom now has them by the short n curlies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.