Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember when Chelsea offered £20m for SWP and we said no? Then they closed it at £21m. Yeah.

Maybe we'll meet in the middle, maybe we won't. I think it sends a very bad signal from Brighton for their future transfers activity, if they reject reasonable bids, but also £30m isn't reasonable.

We paid £50m for Walker and Mendy when they had CL experience, so something between, like £40m, seems fair. I'm also sure that £40m would secure Raum or Sosa so City would walk away.

Strange situation, I don't think we are usually a club who deliberately starts lowballing a player in hopes for unsettling but I don't think there's much hope of a deal under 50M. Who can blame Brighton aswell when we have paid 50M for multiple fullbacks who were rated similarly at the time.

If we have no intention to reach that amount then I'm not exactly sure what good offers like these do. Leaving things late usually means generating pressure on the selling club but I'm not sure Brighton have that pressure.

It is amazing how that the word "fanny" has been kept alive on football forums. I like to imagine us all sat here in flares with space-hoppers, handing our pregnant girlfriends a cigarette, like a set of extras from "Life on Mars".

Word of warning then, out there they call them "fanny packs"...
Cause fanny means your arse over there...
... not your minge.

My main fear would be Walker could pick up a knock which could feasibly put him out for 4-6 weeks - then we'd literally just be left with Cancelo and tbh he's not the most convincing at RB - I'd hate to go in to a game against Liverpool, Spurs etc with a make shift back 4

that would be the worst case situation to be fair.

RB - Walker
CB - Diaz Laporte
LB - Cancello

we have cover at CB but as you say Walker or cancello get injured (which they will its a long season with a world cup) you start looking at stones or ake full back which is not great.

The further we get from the zinchenko deal the worse it looks imo

Remember when Chelsea offered £20m for SWP and we said no? Then they closed it at £21m. Yeah.

Maybe we'll meet in the middle, maybe we won't. I think it sends a very bad signal from Brighton for their future transfers activity, if they reject reasonable bids, but also £30m isn't reasonable.

We paid £50m for Walker and Mendy when they had CL experience, so something between, like £40m, seems fair. I'm also sure that £40m would secure Raum or Sosa so City would walk away.

We just sold Zinchenko for £32m.

I refuse to believe anyone at City is stupid enough to think they can get Cucurella for less.

I genuinely don't believe we've 'gone and bid' £30m, just like that, at this stage in the window. I just don't see that as anything other tha headlines. I didn't believe arsenal and chelsea had bid 30m for Gabi and Raz either. It goes against the professional workings of the club, to be playing roll the dice on a fee, knowing it won't cut it. Might be alone in that, I'm ok with it.

You are not alone...

I won't post that paedo's music on here...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.