Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
I genuinely don't believe we've 'gone and bid' £30m, just like that, at this stage in the window. I just don't see that as anything other tha headlines. I didn't believe arsenal and chelsea had bid 30m for Gabi and Raz either. It goes against the professional workings of the club, to be playing roll the dice on a fee, knowing it won't cut it. Might be alone in that, I'm ok with it.
They did the exact same thing with Kane. More often than not, you are right and they don't do that - Txiki has had a bloody amazing window - but it's not beyond the realms of possibility.

hahahahaaha no. We simply HAVE to sign a full back. Like every club, we need 4 full backs. And not 2.

I'm pretty sure some of our first team member either our midfielder or winger will be asked to be a makeshift LB just like Zinchenko was, there problem solved and our fans will go crazy that Pep does that again.

Can’t warm to the idea of this bloke bursting into tears after scoring against the rags. If the limit of your ambition is to notch against that shambolic outfit, strikes me that you may not have the temperament to play for the world’s best team

Sometimes you just got to take a gamble, he was available this time last year as his release clause was €18m. Surely he would of been on our radar?

We did the same with Ederson. Looked at him in 2016, chickened out because he'd only been starting for a season and got Bravo only to go back 10 months later.

I guess it’s all about opinions. I watched him a few times and he didn’t strike me as being worth anything like £50m, I appreciate that if BHA value him at that it’s their right, and they have no need to move from that valuation, as spurs didn’t with HK. Therefore our choice is pay it or move on
You also have to factor in the fact that he's going to look very different in a team like City (who have the majority of possession in most games, and where his main focus will be on being positionally sound defence wise / pressing forward), than he does at Brighton (where he bombs forward occasionally / has a lot of defensive work to do).

I genuinely have no idea whether he's the best option or not (or indeed if Pep wants him as a 1st or 2nd choice LB), but there aren't a bunch of options about.

Is he a better back-up LB option than Zinchenko, almost certainly from what I've seen.

Do you pay 50m for a back-up LB ?

I wouldn't have thought so unless - in some matches - you're looking for Cancelo to play either RB (to give Walker a rest) or LW (against teams where we'll be under more defensive pressure & want someone who can put in crosses to Haaland but also contribute defensively).

4 titles from the last 5 seasons. And people worry the club might be unprofessional enough to force Pep to play with just two (experienced) FBs. City are the best run club in the world or up there with the very best. Enjoy it and be happy :)
Absolutely. The flapping is as tedious as it is cringeworthy. Proper bunch of fannies supporting us.

In simple terms, Bloom sold Ben White with ready replacements available, Arsenal wanted him and paid the asking Price ie: "£50 Million".

Similar situation albeit Cucu within his first season at Brighton is a guaranteed first team starter without ever going out on loan to develop (White), played as a wingback for his first season for Potter for the first time and smashed it getting player of the season!

When City approach saying he is the no.1 target although we understand he is in year 1 of a 5 year contract with Brighton...WHY would Bloom accept £30 million after Arsenal paid the asking price of £50 million for their no.1 target last year?
Cause it a great return on an investment arsenal have nothing to do with transfer and what they are willing to pay for a player in a different position is completely irrelevant. 40 mil could bring you in a new lb and strengthen another area of your side to be honest I think Brighton need to strengthen more then we need a lb. Im more then happy to head into the season with what we have but I have always wanted more opportunities for youth.

Absolutely. The flapping is as tedious as it is cringeworthy. Proper bunch of fannies supporting us.
It is amazing how that the word "fanny" has been kept alive on football forums. I like to imagine us all sat here in flares with space-hoppers, handing our pregnant girlfriends a cigarette, like a set of extras from "Life on Mars".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.