Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
i thought Wilson-Esbrand looked pretty decent going forward this morning, wasn't sure about his defending but it was our first game and our back line was a little bit random.

I thought he was frustrating. Clearly very confident but he had tunnel vision on the ball, often ignored the simple pass back inside and his defensive positioning was awful.

You can see he's got a lot of potential but he's ridiculously raw.

we will be competing for 4 trophies.

we NEED a left back imo
We have been competing for 4 trophies each season and we have not done bad.
For anyone new to the game of football, you cannot win every trophy every year.

We have been competing for 4 trophies each season and we have not done bad.
For anyone new to the game of football, you cannot win every trophy every year.
No you can’t, but a club of our current stature, resources, money recouped selling players, to not have a natural permanent left back is criminal

We just sold Zinchenko for £32m.

I refuse to believe anyone at City is stupid enough to think they can get Cucurella for less.

To be fair, Zinchenko is captain of his national team and played a CL final. Cucurella ...

I agree he has a higher ceiling as a LB but like I said, there are other good options in Sosa and Raum so maybe we should just do that. Brighton can keep Cucurella for the full 5 years of his contract. I'm sure their fans will be delighted.

I thought he was frustrating. Clearly very confident but he had tunnel vision on the ball, often ignored the simple pass back inside and his defensive positioning was awful.

You can see he's got a lot of potential but he's ridiculously raw.
Yes agreed on this noticed rodri went mad with him when he chose not to pass the simple ball to him.

No you can’t, but a club of our current stature, resources, money recouped selling players, to not have a natural permanent left back is criminal

It’s been a problem position right from the beginning of the take over, only time it was ever properly filled was when Clichy was here, he did have an half decent deputy in Kolorov.

We may be unwilling to pay 50m for Cucu because we see him as a good option to rotate Cancelo and Walker, but not as improving our first XI. And maybe rightly so.

Cancelo is probably the most underrated City player on here. He's the only FB in the world who can be great both on the right and on the left. None of the top FBs in the league is versatile to that extent. Imagine Walker and TAA at LB or Robertson at RB. Plus, Cancelo is extremely fit and can play over 50 games in a season. The idea that Cucu comes here and is automatically better than Cancelo is incredibly silly.

In short, we have a LB, and he's the best in the league. Aganst weaker teams we'll play Cancelo on the right and the new FB (Cucu) on the left, against stronger teams we go with Walker and Cancelo.
Very good points.

We arguably have the best two full-backs in the league in Walker and Cancelo. Maybe what we really need is one or two decent back-ups rather than spending 50m on a player who is not as good as what we already have.

Unless we're planning to use Cancelo more on the right which I suppose is possible given Walker is 32 now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.