Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
If City value him less than £50m they won't pay the money for him. We've seen this a fair few times over the years, Khaldoon said it in an interview last year or the year before about clubs wanting us to pay over the odds for players and of they feel they are asking for more than City value a player at then we will walk away.

I don't think we bid £30m at all to be honest I'd say we bid in and around £35m and add ons. Hopefully we can get this done. If it's £50m they wany then I'm with you on this one, £40m and £10m in achievable ads ons. We are crying out for a left back for years, Thus is is only 23 too he can be here for 8 or 9 seasons.
Yes,it does seem strange that if City knew Brightons valuation that they then offered 20 mill less...Unless of course they thought it was United showing interest and they knew that if United knew the valuation was 50 mill theyed then offer 60 mill..

its the united way. :)

Just right Pep. We have players who can play Lb and the club won’t be fleeced in the process. Lot of posters getting their knickers in twist. Sure just pay another £50m for a full back. That fat fuck Tebas will be on the blower again looking the club investigated. Trust in the club and manager. I am sure they have their reasons. FFP is probably an issue.

Last edited:
What are the realistic alternatives?

Not overly keen on Sosa from the little I've seen of him. Raum has looked good the couple of times I've watched him but neither of them look great defensively and that's something I was looking forward to with Cucurella.

Are there any other well rounded options out there?
I think it all hinges on who is available , there are a few alternatives out there but some might not want to move

Rennan Lodi is decent from the little I’ve seen of him
Estupinan at Villarreal looked useful against Liverpool and United in the CL last season
Cornet played left back against us for Lyon and was very good, not sure on him defensively though

also depends on whats the plan for Cancelo, if he’s first choice left back or not

All this "stage managed" / "playing out in the media" bollox, is just that.
Brighton don't give a fuck if their fans are 'happy' with any of their in/out transfer fees.
City don't give a fuck if we are 'happy' with any of ours.
...If you believe it's "stage managed" then it makes fuck all difference to you how any deal is reported to be done ;)

Agree, as far as both the clubs are concerned.

But when it comes to the media, they care very much for the 'drama', real or made up. Today it is a pisstake low offer, tomorrow it is Brighton holding firm, the next day it is City beginning to budge etc etc, played out in front of a twitter auditorium.

We already had the intention of replacing Zinny with Cucurella before moving Zinny. Therefore, we should have no problem paying a higher price tag than the 32mil we’ll be receiving. Have no problem with City offering around 43mil + 7mil in add ons. Works for all parties and is a compromise from everyone.

City have an official opening bid of £30million turned down by Brighton,

I know it's Manchester city and everybody will try and bleed us dry, but a bit silly letting zinchenko leave before we had a replacement, we are now wide open with silly asking prices by clubs for their left-backs
A harsh lesson that Newcastle are finding out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.