Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Signing his contract was to make sure a development path was in place, whether here or on loan wasn't a concern just he'd be given the best option if/when needed.

The position is he''ll stay unless someone rocks up with a bunch of promises on coaching, role and game time and its better than here. We can only guarantee a couple of those this season.
I don't expect him to be a starter, but feel that assurances were given about playing minutes otherwise why sign. He could of left on a free & been a starter elsewhere especially with rags & dippers sniffing around. How many players have gone out on loan under Pep, come back & forced their way into the 1st team?. Zinc is probably the closest & he was mainly a squad player.

I don't expect him to be a starter, but feel that assurances were given about playing minutes otherwise why sign. He could of left on a free & been a starter elsewhere especially with rags & dippers sniffing around. How many players have gone out on loan under Pep, come back & forced their way into the 1st team?. Zinc is probably the closest & he was mainly a squad player.
He still had 18 months on the deal before he signed his extension, he wasn't leaving on a free. Any team of quality would still have to make him a backup or send him on loan. They made the pitch he can do that here and get a chance, which he is.

Even if you think £30m is less than his worth, it is hardly derisory. How many fullbacks in world football have cost more? Derisory would be around £5m.

I can only think you do not understand what negotiation is. Do you honestly think City management are going to open the bidding with the maximum they will go to? If you were the only buyer, would you match the seller's price straight away? It's business so I would suggest you do not take it personally.
Thing is a lot of people are saying Brighton have a reserve price of 45m which they will not budge to far from. Our bid, if one exists, of 30m is a long way short of what would be needed. I would say the minimum Brighton will accept is about 40m. We probably need to get this sorted one way or the other before the season starts so if necessary we have time to look elsewhere.

If he does join us, it would not surprise me if that is the fee. The fee is always going to be closer to what Brighton want as they have more leverage. Maybe they can use it to buy a decent striker as that seems to be your Achilles heel.

The fans on your forum come across as mard arses about the issue. Some taking it as a personal affront. Personally, if a player wants to leave the club I support, I just wish them well. I certainly do not cry about the fee, criticise the club he is going to and the supporters of that club. A bit like jilted lovers. It's weird.
In fairness a lot of City supporters were not to happy when Sweep was sold to the Chavs away back.

He still had 18 months on the deal before he signed his extension, he wasn't leaving on a free. Any team of quality would still have to make him a backup or send him on loan. They made the pitch he can do that here and get a chance, which he is.
The back up pitch that he can do here is what I meant by assurances. Do you not think he would walk into a lot of midtable teams in the premier, especially Brighton & then with premier league experience get a move to a bigger club or move to Dortmund who are well known to selling youngsters for profit. I thought he was entering the last year of his contract.
I know it was only a friendly with unlimited subs against Club America but hopefully that's the signs of the coming season
McAtee, Palmer & Delap coming on with 20 minutes to go when the game is won

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.