Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what you're on about pal. I was there when we won the league at Brighton, and they couldn't have been more hospitable for us on the day. It would have been very easy for them to have been hostile and bitter as we were all taking the piss a bit, but they were calm and friendly all day long. I'll always have a soft spot from Brighton for that great day.

They have a player they value highly under contract, we have no right to get this player. If we want to buy him we'll have to pay what Brighton are prepared to sell him for. Let's not act like spoilt brats - like United fans. If we can't do a deal, it is what it is and we need to get over it and move on. Like we did with Kane last summer.

Just because we are rich and successful doesn't mean we can bully other teams into selling their best players. Let's act with class and dignity. Let's not act like Barca/Real/United/Munich. Indeed I think the club act with said dignity when it comes to transfers, but certain elements of the fanbase at times let us all down.

I have seen this quoted on here a few times now. City arent bullying anybody or anything. In business negotiations there is a buyer and a seller. The seller cannot be forced to sell except when receiving an offer that is acceptable. The role of the buyer is to reach that sale price unfortunately he wont know that in advance so has to make what he feels are reasonable offers if he reaches what the seller is prepared to accept the deal is concluded if not the sale does not happen

There is no bullying involved its just both sellers and buyers getting to a price they both accept or not...simples!!!

Love posts like this.
I do too, particularly the "Walk" bit for some reason, as though we've just asked someone for a dance at a teenage disco rather than a contract worth £50-100 million. "Close The Thread" always tickles me too. I've never forgotten once that RAWK actually did. I'm sure it was Coutinho, because they didn't like the idea of him leaving. They genuinely closed the thread but he left anyway.

"This is getting boring" is a common one too, as though transfer business is an alternative to Love Island.

This will go to the wire! But he will be at city. No point keeping a want away player. We will pay £10 mil over the correct fee but I don’t care. Sign him city

I have seen this quoted on here a few times now. City arent bullying anybody or anything. In business negotiations there is a buyer and a seller. The seller cannot be forced to sell except when receiving an offer that is acceptable. The role of the buyer is to reach that sale price unfortunately he wont know that in advance so has to make what he feels are reasonable offers if he reaches what the seller is prepared to accept the deal is concluded if not the sale does not happen

There is no bullying involved its just both sellers and buyers getting to a price they both accept or not...simples!!!
Agreed and understood. But some of our fans seem to get frustrated when other 'less successful' teams won't accept an initial (perceived) lowball offer, hence the bullying comment.

I don't know what you're on about pal. I was there when we won the league at Brighton, and they couldn't have been more hospitable for us on the day. It would have been very easy for them to have been hostile and bitter as we were all taking the piss a bit, but they were calm and friendly all day long. I'll always have a soft spot from Brighton for that great day.

They have a player they value highly under contract, we have no right to get this player. If we want to buy him we'll have to pay what Brighton are prepared to sell him for. Let's not act like spoilt brats - like United fans. If we can't do a deal, it is what it is and we need to get over it and move on. Like we did with Kane last summer.

Just because we are rich and successful doesn't mean we can bully other teams into selling their best players. Let's act with class and dignity. Let's not act like Barca/Real/United/Munich. Indeed I think the club act with said dignity when it comes to transfers, but certain elements of the fanbase at times let us all down.
If you read my post, you'll notice I've used the pronoun/determiner 'these', which is, and I quote, "used to identify specific people or things close at hand or being indicated or experienced."

I wasn't talking about the Brighton fanbase as a whole, I was referring to the wum clowns who've infested this thread in the last few weeks.

Well said, some of the comments on here are embarrassing, we are now in danger of sounding and acting like the fans of the Scum and Dippers that we despise. We have been spoilt that we have not had to sell unless we wanted to for such a long time now, I think some fans have forgotten or even aren't old enough to remember who tough it is on a team's fans when a better team comes in for your best player, lets try and be more humble!
With age comes wisdom, that’s why the over 50s city fans are the best and well respected by other fans. We had it hard and stuck by our team and appreciate everything we have now so much more than the younger, slimmer, full head of hair, moaning Johnny come latelys

I think one of the best things about the club now is that we can use our reputation to turn player's heads, and use that to prize them from their clubs. I've no issue with that: it's a dog eat dog world in football and I want the best for City.

But I agree there's no need to disrespect Brighton or their fans. They are a good club with good support (who have been through shit) and a good infrastructure and I wish them all the best...

..particularly in their search for a new left back.

We offered Brighton twice what they bought him for, but they want 3 times what they bought him for plus add ons. He will be the most expensive 1 season PL player in the history of the PL.
The net spend trophy is now not a thing in media circles for some reason, so we should just give them 50 million as we can afford it and it will boil piss

Well said, some of the comments on here are embarrassing, we are now in danger of sounding and acting like the fans of the Scum and Dippers that we despise. We have been spoilt that we have not had to sell unless we wanted to for such a long time now, I think some fans have forgotten or even aren't old enough to remember who tough it is on a team's fans when a better team comes in for your best player, lets try and be more humble!
Totally agree, but you will get hammered for saying the truth, some on here have very short memories.

Tbf the guy is as solid a club journalist source you can get. 25+ years working as chief sports reporter for BHAFC news- he's gonna have some pretty strong sources. Given the quiet from all of city's reliable journalists I'd suggest there isn't much reason to disagree with him. All that has been said is its unlikely City would go to 50m.

I think if he's saying 50m or nothing then that's probably the case. Atm this thread is clinging to comments by Weir and Potter that could mean nothing and the hope of a second bid that is yet to materialise.

I'm not sure how you can be confident on this one atm.

He’s undoubtedly an excellent source for Brighton.

But in saying that, his job is to push the angle that Brighton want out there - it’s a mistake to automatically conflate that with him telling the truth.

Clearly Brighton want to push the hard-line negotiators angle, Tony Bloom made his money in high-stakes poker and won’t take any shit, look what happened with Ben White, Brighton will never be pushed around by City, this happens on Brighton’s terms or it doesn’t happen at all - all that shit.

Andy Naylor is doing that job for them - effectively an extension of Brighton’s PR function - which is what gives him the access that pays his bills.

But PR isn’t the truth. The fact is the two clubs are clearly still in conversation about the player. If they weren’t, I’m sure Brighton wouldn’t hesitate in issuing a ‘not for sake’ statement through Naylor, and we all know City are quick to distance themselves from a player when they’re out.

Don’t assume that Naylor’s contacts at Brighton mean what he says is accurate - he’s there to sell the narrative they want out there, nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.