Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a brilliant signing for Arsenal, which tells you where we are in the pecking order of world football right now. We were willing to let him go because we are confident that we will succeed without him. People talk about this transfer in a lback and white point of view, talking about him as a left back, and getting embroiled in arguments left and right his ability as full back.
Zinchenko is an accomplished midfielder who has played a role for us, successfully for the most part and won over the fans because, What's not to like about the lad.
He was never going to get in our midfield though and he was never going to cement his place as LB.
This transfer made sense on every level.
Yep, and Arsenal fans might not like it but we've just sold them their 2 best players in Oleks & Gabs. You can see why Klopp is concerned.

I'm with @Dax777 . Tell Brighton, "Thank you very much. We'll be signing Mr. Grimaldo for £7 million. "

Either they blink and want to do a deal more favourable to us or we get a cracking player for 1/6 the cost.
I remember United signing a cut price LB from portugal a couple of years ago (Telles). A lot of our fans wanted us to get involved then too. Hes been shit and is now 3rd choice on a long contract and they cant get rid of him.

A one off example, but Id rather we signed no one than a cheap alternative we likely had no where on our priority list.

Signing these types is how you end up bulking your squad out with players that arent quite good enough and that you cant shift.

I'm with @Dax777 . Tell Brighton, "Thank you very much. We'll be signing Mr. Grimaldo for £7 million. "

Either they blink and want to do a deal more favourable to us or we get a cracking player for 1/6 the cost.
This would be a great plan if it weren't for the fact that Grimaldo is crap.

Personally I'd rather strengthen the team than weaken it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.