Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scores at the swamp and whips off his Brighton shirt to reveal a City one.

A higher level version of that lad who used to post on here (Billybluehat?) Who did similar v FCUM playing to Chadderton.

2016 Mendy :

- Key cog in Monaco's Ligue 1 winning squad
- One of their best players in Monaco's road to UCL semis, putting in a masterclass against Pep's Man city.
- Was highly coveted youth player under Bielsa's Marseille.

2022 Cuc :
- 3 caps for Spain
- 3 g/a

I'm not saying Mendy was a good servant for Man city and I pray he never features for the team ever again but I can atleast justify spending some money on 2016 Mendy. Can anyone justify 50 mil 'pounds' price tag on Cucurella (except that he has 4 years on contract) ? Txiki is right to not overpay for him.
50 mil for Mendy in 2016 is closer to 61 mil today so Mendy was 20% more expensive...just keeping it real...

2016 Mendy :

- Key cog in Monaco's Ligue 1 winning squad
- One of their best players in Monaco's road to UCL semis, putting in a masterclass against Pep's Man city.
- Was highly coveted youth player under Bielsa's Marseille.

2022 Cuc :
- 3 caps for Spain
- 3 g/a

I'm not saying Mendy was a good servant for Man city and I pray he never features for the team ever again but I can atleast justify spending some money on 2016 Mendy. Can anyone justify 50 mil 'pounds' price tag on Cucurella (except that he has 4 years on contract) ? Txiki is right to not overpay for him.

For £30 million more we could probably get either Davies, or Hernandez

I partially agree with you.

However desperation should not give in. You have to be clear that Cancelo is still our 1st choice left back and Walker is still our 1st choice right back and both the players have impeccable fitness levels.

Cucurella isn't the only decent left back in the world. A cheaper alternative doesn't necessarily translate to a worse player. A top coaching staff improves every player and I expect the same to be the case with whomever we buy.

Then why we didn't go for cheaper alternative striker last season?

I mean it's the same situation isn't?, more likely all of those alternative is smoke screen. The real and only transfer target will always be Cucurella, if we don't get our target then we wait a season until next opportunity arises.

Fans will not like it but there precedent case of why there's more likely we will not look for alternatives if Cucurella transfer failed.

He better had sign. I've put him in my fantasy football team thinking I can get in an extra city player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.