Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
This guy is the only left back City are interested in.

Hes the only one that can imrpove the team.

Grimaldo Sosa links are City bluffing!

2016 Mendy :

- Key cog in Monaco's Ligue 1 winning squad
- One of their best players in Monaco's road to UCL semis, putting in a masterclass against Pep's Man city.
- Was highly coveted youth player under Bielsa's Marseille.

2022 Cuc :
- 3 caps for Spain
- 3 g/a

I'm not saying Mendy was a good servant for Man city and I pray he never features for the team ever again but I can atleast justify spending some money on 2016 Mendy. Can anyone justify 50 mil 'pounds' price tag on Cucurella (except that he has 4 years on contract) ? Txiki is right to not overpay for him.
Another thing is when we splashed for mendy, we didn’t have fullbacks, we were doing a refresh and spent big on walker and mendy to be our first choice fullbacks. Obviously mendy didn’t work out like we wanted but Cucurella is just coming as competition with others so it is justifiable for the club to not also spend that much on him.

I trust the club and back their thinking that cucurella is not 50 mil pounds.

I remember United signing a cut price LB from portugal a couple of years ago (Telles). A lot of our fans wanted us to get involved then too. Hes been shit and is now 3rd choice on a long contract and they cant get rid of him.

A one off example, but Id rather we signed no one than a cheap alternative we likely had no where on our priority list.

Signing these types is how you end up bulking your squad out with players that arent quite good enough and that you cant shift.
Sure, assuming they weren't good enough to start with. Tellea was another like the dude from Germany a few years back that was the rage here. Any fullback who scores freekicks and takes penalties tend to get over hyped here. Tellea is a good example of that.

I'm not sure Grimaldo is that. The boy can play. Period. Cut any tape on and it's self evident. Perhaps his injury issues is a red flag. But his ability and style of play is tailored for us.

I mean, anyone can just do a YouTube of his 21/22 highlights. You'd see a City player.

In my humble opinion, ofcourse. :)

C’mon City… it’s gone v quiet.. hopefully that’s a good sign.
Doubt it. I think Brighton don't want to sell. Cucurella is an important part of their season. This is similar to kane's transfer. When the first proposal got rejected and levy never picked the phone again .

My guess is we are looking at alternatives

Doubt it. I think Brighton don't want to sell. Cucurella is an important part of their season. This is similar to kane's transfer. When the first proposal got rejected and levy never picked the phone again .

My guess is we are looking at alternatives
Even naylor says the clubs are still talking. It’s nothing like the kane saga and I’m hoping for a different outcome.

The fact it’s so quiet can either be seen as a good or a bad sign depending if your a glass half full or half empty type of person imo

Even naylor says the clubs are still talking. It’s nothing like the kane saga and I’m hoping for a different outcome.

The fact it’s so quiet can either be seen as a good or a bad sign depending if your a glass half full or half empty type of person imo
Naylor doesn't say the club are talking. He says "pay up or shut up" that's Brighton's stance.

Agree with the second part

Naylor doesn't say the club are talking. He says "pay up or shut up" that's Brighton's stance.

Agree with the second part
Apologies was romano who said clubs are continuing to talk not naylor. Either way city journos very quiet on this one which I personally take as a positive sign, if we where moving on the usual suspects would have been briefed.

Still reckon we think we can get the deal done

Honestly, what are your predictions of this saga? I'm looking at City Xtra from time to time and everything is stalled. I hope we will be in a different place in 2-3 weeks, I know it's still a lot of time, but I'm not so sure that it will end up with happy end. I hoped it would be done quicker, but we have no impact on that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.