Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should just bite the bullet and pay the 50m if we want him, or move on very quickly. If it was another midfield player or another forward (where we have enough cover), it's not as important- but we desperately need another full back considering the World Cup is during the season. We risk burnout to our full backs, or we promote Wilson Esbrand and Lewis and we all know Pep would rather play a senior player ahead of an Academy lad in the Premier League.

We paid 60 for Cancelo, 55 for Walker and 50 for Mendy. I don't think it's that unreasonable. He's a top full back.
We will buy one that’s a certainty

We should just bite the bullet and pay the 50m if we want him, or move on very quickly. If it was another midfield player or another forward (where we have enough cover), it's not as important- but we desperately need another full back considering the World Cup is during the season. We risk burnout to our full backs, or we promote Wilson Esbrand and Lewis and we all know Pep would rather play a senior player ahead of an Academy lad in the Premier League.

We paid 60 for Cancelo, 55 for Walker and 50 for Mendy. I don't think it's that unreasonable. He's a top full back.
We paid £3.4m for Zinchenko, can we split the difference and pay them £30m then?

Walker was £50m BTW.

Bloom is a professional gambler. He thought he would get us to fold. It hasn't happened.

Instead we will walk away, he is left with a pissed off player and I bet Potter is fuming as well because that 40 odd million turns into 2/3 players for him.

As it stands they have lost their best midfielder, they have signed nobody and teams are catching up. Brighton will be in a relegation battle this year.

We should just bite the bullet and pay the 50m if we want him, or move on very quickly. If it was another midfield player or another forward (where we have enough cover), it's not as important- but we desperately need another full back considering the World Cup is during the season. We risk burnout to our full backs during the tougher parts of the season. We have to promote Wilson Esbrand and Lewis, but Pep would rather play a senior player out of position ahead of an Academy lad in the Premier League. Give the kids a go.

Walker and Cancelo were just infinitely better and more established and proven than Cucurella.

Mendy was a disaster and we should never use it as a barometer for future transfers. If anything it’s a cautionary tale not to spend £50m on a relatively unproven full-back.

Walker and Cancelo were just infinitely better and more established and proven than Cucurella.

Mendy was a disaster and we should never use it as a barometer for future transfers. If anything it’s a cautionary tale not to spend £50m on a relatively unproven full-back.
Mendy has/had accomplished 10x what Cucurella has. 50m on him was hardly a shock transfer. You can't account for major injuries and off the pitch to happen.

Bloom is a professional gambler. He thought he would get us to fold. It hasn't happened.

Instead we will walk away, he is left with a pissed off player and I bet Potter is fuming as well because that 40 odd million turns into 2/3 players for him.

As it stands they have lost their best midfielder, they have signed nobody and teams are catching up. Brighton will be in a relegation battle this year.
How does that help us..?

I'm not disputing that. But we paid 42 for Mangala, 100 for Grealish, 41 for Ake (4th choice centre back) and the club wonders why Brighton are sticking to a valuation of 50 on Cucurella. He's worth that in today's market. He's brilliant defensively and offensively - granted he's had one good season at Brighton I'd stick my neck out and say he will be as good as Robertson at Liverpool in a few seasons. Few people will disagree with me, but there are very few left backs who are brilliant at both, and he's one of them. They come at a Premium.

One of my best mates is a Brighton fan, and I watched nearly all their games last season when I could. He was superb in nearly every game. Suits our style so well.

However, I do trust the club that they will get it right eventually. Sosa would be a superb alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.