Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly it's becoming the norm and for me it needs to stop.

Are we using Bayern tactics?

Becoming the norm? Tixiki has always done it. In the past though he would fold and pay what the asking price was on day 1, after months and months of negotiation. Like Kdb, Sterling, Walker etc etc. Now that he has Pep working wonders he has the bravado to walk away. In fairess, the last few times have worked out well. Happy to see how it plays out myself. Still think this will happen, and it will be for slightly below 50m.

We are doing nothing wrong but at the same time lowballing bids just waste time and upset the other party.
It’s fine if you’ve got plenty of genuine irons in the fire, like Chelsea had with their bid for Ake. However left backs are harder to come by and blatantly obvious he’s the only true option we have/had, so we should have been more realistic.

Becoming the norm? Tixiki has always done it. In the past though he would fold and pay what the asking price was on day 1, after months and months of negotiation. Like Kdb, Sterling, Walker etc etc. Now that he has Pep working wonders he has the bravado to walk away. In fairess, the last few times have worked out well. Happy to see how it plays out myself. Still think this will happen, and it will be for slightly below 50m.
He will sign but we wont be getting 1p change out of 50m and I would wager Brighton will want a few adds on to go with that fee.

Maybe McAtee goes there on loan for the season?

It’s fine if you’ve got plenty of genuine irons in the fire, like Chelsea had with their bid for Ake. However left backs are harder to come by and blatantly obvious he’s the only true option we have/had, so we should have been more realistic.
Again 100% agree but it appears this is our no1 and ONLY target, hence the weird negotiating tactics and even letting Zinch leave before this deal was in the bag.

Yep, just get him signed ASAP. We can't go in to a new season with no recognised left back. Grimaldo from Benfica is available for a knock down fee as well, a fine second choice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.