Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
The issue is we’ve lost all width, sold Sane and Sterling. So we have Grealish, Mahrez and Foden who all cut in or drift centrally. Cancelo usually cuts in, and Walker doesn’t offer much in attack.

A natural LB, Cucurella or otherwise, allows Cancelo to go RB and gives us the option of width again.
Could also see both Walker and a recognised left back playing with Cancelo in midfield, just ahead of the full backs.

Been handled badly this so far imo, was a key signing alongside Phillips and the two mentioned before the season ended was Haaland and Cucurella? Haaland was done early, Phillips went smoothly and surely we spoke to Brighton way before now to gauge the price?
I really feel like they did a Levy and moved the goal posts, let them have their ”victory” and let’s move to another lb.

I think we’ve just said: This is our highest bid, you are our first choice lb.

Who knows. Lots will be going on behind the scenes and City may have communicated to his agent we will try once more with a slight improvement and if that is rejected then we will not go any higher.

You can applaud Bloom stance. He can getaway with, so he is doing it.

But in Reality he is being a knob. Brighton paid £15mill for Cuckoo. A good spot and they beat all other clubs to him. Fair play to Brighton.

Cuckoo has played 1 season in the PL. Yes, he looks good, no doubting that. He was Brighton’s player of the year. He’s young. Etc. Etc.

Let’s be honest, £30mill was too low. And it looks a it‘s got Bloom’s back up and made him even more determined to hold out for x.(we don’t know the exact figure)

But if the latest rumours are true and City have up their offer to £40mill, that in my opinion is a fair offer. An offer City should have gone in with straightaway, with a few small add-ons.

A £25mill profit should be accepted by Bloom. If not, which looks increasingly likely, City have to move on at some point. Frustratingly, City don’t always get their first transfer choice. This could be 1 of those occasion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.