Marc Vivien Foe

Re: Wembley Foe tribute

I agree that some kind of tribute should be done. Was a horrible day when it happened.

I think it should be done.

Seen a lot of of it mentioned on twitter.

Pass the message blues. 23rd min - round of applause. Not a lot to ask for!

It would only work if nearly all 25k City fans were aware of it. A half hearted smattering of applause would be worse than not doing it. Not sure how it would be publicised widely enough.

cibaman said:
It would only work if nearly all 25k City fans were aware of it. A half hearted smattering of applause would be worse than not doing it. Not sure how it would be publicised widely enough.

City themselves could get the message out via the official website and it's various social network accounts.

dubbie31 said:
With this year being the 10th anniversary of his passing a minutes' applause would be appropriate at the 23rd minute.

Thoughts?
A big NO concerntrate & focus on winning<br /><br />-- Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:23 am --<br /><br />
cibaman said:
There is little or no intrest in it on this forum ,nice gesture. but lets move on .

bluefromleve32 said:
i got a good idea. why dont we all move on, it was sad a man died, thats all it was. he wasnt even a city player he was on loan. and dont give me the whole he scored the last goal at maine road shit, so what!!

are we going to clap neil young a CITY PLAYER WHO SCORED IN AN FA CUP FINAL. probably not but that would be more fitting

-- Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:12 pm --

i got a good idea. why dont we all move on, it was sad a man died, thats all it was. he wasnt even a city player he was on loan. and dont give me the whole he scored the last goal at maine road shit, so what!!

are we going to clap neil young a CITY PLAYER WHO SCORED IN AN FA CUP FINAL. probably not but that would be more fitting

oh ffs.

foe wore the blue shirt, he was a great guy and i think one mark of respect 10 years after died wouldn't be too much.

I wouldn't want to do it. There's loads of City legends that have died, we've remembered them and they'll never be forgotten, time to move on. Not a fan of constant public showings of sympathy. There's fellow blues I have more in common with and at Wembley they'll be in my thoughts but life goes on.

dubbie31 said:
With this year being the 10th anniversary of his passing a minutes' applause would be appropriate at the 23rd minute.

Thoughts?

nice idea

-- Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:37 am --

MaineRoadBlue said:
dubbie31 said:
I just think it would mean more to do it at Wembley.

Tell you what fella, at 23 minutes, why don't you quietly stand and give yourself 60 seconds to remember MVF if it is that important to you that we mark 10 years since passing.

Now I applaud your intentions, but this is football, that will be the FA Cup final and I for one cannot be the only one that is sick to the back teeth of this 'Stage Managed' supposed mourning that keeps being forced on football!

I mean FFS, it will be as false as 90,000 Mick Philpot Press Conferences!

Just forget it!

what a horrible post - by all means disagree, but in that tone is appalling<br /><br />-- Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:38 am --<br /><br />
bluefromleve32 said:

-- Mon Apr 15, 2013 3:12 pm --

such a pleasant post you posted it twice?

I can't help but agree with the sceptics, but hopefully in a more positive tone.

The Nelly tribute was superb and totally 100% deserved. It related to both our lack of trophies (sad but true) and a mark of respect for a hero. The FA cup was the ideal platform given his history.

MVF is a different case. Tragic, sad and a real waste I won't dispute but he had no major connection with the FA cup. He did have a connection though with the hearts of many many City fans so save it until he's back in front of them at the Etihad. He may not have been a City player at the time but the last game at the Etihad in front of his fans seems a much more fitting tribute

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.