Marco Pierre White

djm68 said:
cleavers said:
Is he not also a consultant for the corporate catering at the club ?

I think John Benson Smith is still the main man in that respect and has been for some time. White seems to be looking at some individual aspects of the catering like at City Square...not that I'm bothered.

Me neither, but I think he's been involved at the higher level of catering in the club, as well as City street, but we're not the only club he gets involved with.

He certainly does not advise the general catering in and out of the stadium, that's clearly done by a cardboard manufacturer.

I'm sure the club gets some commission from selling his book in the shop (if we sell any, because I can't see many folk going into a football shop to buy a cook book).

djm68 said:
supergrover said:
don't even try to explain to them all there mums go to iceland nothing to do with taste and all to do with beer money most of them are still on egg and chips when they go abroad.

and???....the amount of time given over to chef/food programmes is even more revolting than that given to both the 'Reality' T.V. genre and the soap nonsense. Food is just fuel or if you like a drink it serves a purpose as blotting paper.If you can afford it- you're genuinely hungry- you eat. In an ideal world, I'd just have a tablet that gave me the absolute minimum genuine nutritional requirements. If you happen to enjoy your food and want to spend your hard earned money on it that is your right, but this self righteous nonesense about what we should eat and what is having a sense of taste is absolute drivel. If you are really hungry a 'Pot Noodle' tastes delicious.

I'm 60 (nearly), play two games of football a week, can run 5/6 miles without worrying too much and find food an intermittently necessary, but irritating evil. I'm around 15+st and drink about 40 pints a week (about 25 last Friday and Saturday's Bolton game). Both my kids are in great health.

Complacent?..possibly, but there isn't half alot of people making money in all aspects of the food and the media industry based on people's ignorance and fears...and yes, I might drop dead tomorrow, but I'd die happy, although ideally it would be just after City win their next trophy (cue Red Cafe* interlopers!)

*Bet their food is crap..but better than I eat!

good age pal keep it going, i agree with what you say about food shows and as i said mr white would to, but what he's doing by using local produce and taking all the additives out is an improvement plain and simple (by the way pot noodle taste like shit) it's a shame in your 60 years you have not noticed most of our european cousins live far longer than we do which as you already know is down to the fuel we put in our engines (and a little luck) and i am certain your GP drives you up the wall with those words.

look after yourself fella and lay off them bloody noodles they will be the death of you.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.