Marcos Lopes

Aguero_Element said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBcQmh4DAr8[/youtube]

cool as fuck. Speaks better English than probably 90% of the other English lads in the academy too

He played very well and unlucky with his shot that hit the bar. Some great touches and wasn't scared to take on a player.

Nice to see him getting some time on the pitch. He looked like he enjoyed it too. Hopefully we will see some more of him

No point of going overboard on him until we have seen him develop, but I can't see any reason (beside injury) that he won't become a top player. Lot's of pace, good touch, good crosser, composed passer, very good goalscorer. He also seems to have the right attitude (I seem to remember something about the academy using him as an example for the younger kids), as he goes to the gym everyday trying to improve, he also seems to be well grounded but confident enough in his own ability. Of course he may not develop into the player he can (see Ricardo Quaresma, Nigel Quashie, Stephen Ireland, Freddy Adu...) but he does look to have a lot to his game.

I'd love to see him again against Newcastle, a team like this perhaps:

Pants
Richards Kompany Boyata Kolarov
Rodwell Garcia
Lopes Nasri Jovetic
Negredo

one of the best performances by a city youngster for a long time , reminded me of aguero , hard to knock off the ball , good movement , quick little player and unlucky when he hit the bar , it was still shaking 30 seconds after he hit it , Just hope he gets a few call ups for the cup and on the bench for the league games , i think weve unearthed a diamond , with vieira as his mentor , he could go a long way.

I like the look of this guy, players that are going to be good enough to play for us start breaking through around 17, and he looks like he has the lot, including a great work ethic. Apparently he is always the last off the training pitch and the Under 13's and 14's are actively told to follow his example.

Can we please start giving the lad some game time because I think if we did he would relish the opportunity and give some fight that some players are not actually giving at the moment.

If United are doing it with Januzaj why can't we do it with Lopes? I think he might suprise a few.

Boom boom. Bayern's youth gurus were there yesterday and might come knocking for him if we don't give him a new contract and some guarantees. There's a lot more substance to his game than Denis Suarez's I think. Next season either put him in the first team squad or loan him somewhere good... Steve Bruce is always after young players on loan.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctjAYz_Hjrk[/youtube]

LoveCity said:
Boom boom. Bayern's youth gurus were there yesterday and might come knocking for him if we don't give him a new contract and some guarantees. There's a lot more substance to his game than Denis Suarez's I think. Next season either put him in the first team squad or loan him somewhere good... Steve Bruce is always after young players on loan.

Loans are a waste of time if you ask me mate.

Young players who have not made many first team appearences if at all are so fragile mentally and like to be in comfort zones, City is his comfort zone.

Sending him out on loan would be just a waste as it would take months, maybe years for him to get confidence in his new surroundings.

It's too much to ask so young and with so little first team experience.

He plays with the City lads weekly, he knows them and they know him so it's up to us as a club to bite the bullet and give him game time, the first team will supoort him and us fans will.

He is comfortable at the moment, mentally, let him grow with us and give him the game time he deserves for his impressive performances in the youth team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.