Marcos Lopes

FantasyIreland said:
Thanks Oscar.He appears to be forming more of a consistent game,however,its a tough call regarding his future......do we bring him back and risk not giving him the minutes he requires or do we sanction another loan where he will play regularly and surely continue to develop?
In my opinion the manager should give him a chance and play in bpl matches in august and only loan him out if he's not good enough for the Prem yet (it's unlikely though) or if we will snatch somebody like De Bruyne for a low fee and if Milner and Navas stay and play world-class football, which, of course, will never happen.

FantasyIreland said:
Thanks Oscar.He appears to be forming more of a consistent game,however,its a tough call regarding his future......do we bring him back and risk not giving him the minutes he requires or do we sanction another loan where he will play regularly and surely continue to develop?

We can't treat this as a tick the box exercise so I'd go with the latter. It would be much better for our younger players to be given time to develop on loan and come into the first team when they can be in a position to be playing in 50% or more of our games. It would be a real shame to put a player like Lopes on the bench and only give him 5-10 games a season. That won't do him any good at all.

Confidence and experience are two crucial elements to being successful in football. A player like Rooney had bucket loads of confidence to go with his ability and then gained experience as time went on. A poor game at a young age can lead to four or five more bad performances through self doubt etc. We saw it with Rodwell who, when given a game, would be miles off the pace. He would slowly get his form back and then get injured. He probably wasn't good enough anyway but time on the bench will damage a player like Lopes who has experienced the first team environment and made headlines in France.

Fair enough sticking an 18 year old on the bench for a game here or there - that will give them a huge boost and a chacne to see what it would be like to make it at the club. With players like Denayer, Lopes, Rekik and those on loan - they either get sold, go on loan again or they come and be a part of our first team plans.

It all depends on what we do in the summer. As it stands, I'd want him in the squad right now, as he offers us another genuine option off the bench or from the start. He's more direct than anyone we have and he's not afraid to try things. If he'd been here this year, he could easily have played 15-20 games by now. I'd back him to make an impact off the bench more than someone like Nasri or Milner. We seriously lack directness and gamechangers off the bench, most of our team is very steady, wear them down types. Jovetic is probably the only compareable player in the squad at the moment, but he's only really looking for one twos and shots, he doesn't really seem to eye up difficult passes as well.

If we end up buying a bunch more attacking options, then he probably should go out on loan again, but that would be dissapointing.

BigOscar said:
It all depends on what we do in the summer. As it stands, I'd want him in the squad right now, as he offers us another genuine option off the bench or from the start. He's more direct than anyone we have and he's not afraid to try things. If he'd been here this year, he could easily have played 15-20 games by now. I'd back him to make an impact off the bench more than someone like Nasri or Milner. We seriously lack directness and gamechangers off the bench, most of our team is very steady, wear them down types. Jovetic is probably the only compareable player in the squad at the moment, but he's only really looking for one twos and shots, he doesn't really seem to eye up difficult passes as well.

If we end up buying a bunch more attacking options, then he probably should go out on loan again, but that would be dissapointing.

He's not shown his ability consistently enough to warrant putting him in the first team squad. When you look at the stats of the players we are being linked with... you'd have them over him right now even if down the line he can be as good if not better.

I think we need to buy players to address the first team now and then look at Lopes and the crop of young players who are looking very good, Denayer, Angelino, Barker, Boadu etc and look at them coming in to replace the likes of Clichy, Demichelis, Nasri, Navas in a season or two.

Denayer and Lopes don't need to go back on loan, and they save money on HG players as we won't need to buy more to fill the squad if we promote youth players.

They've both proven they've got enough about them to give them a bash in the first team squad next season, and if by January they haven't made a mark then maybe then we can find them a final 6 month loan to get them the extra experience.

I don't see why we can't do both, if necessary.

If Lopes can't force his way into the team with enough regularity, send him back out on loan. Give him the chance first though. Several of the rags' famous bunch had a try in the first team, weren't quite there, were loaned out, then came back in. Same with Harry Kane.

No reason we can't do the same with our kids. I bet Lille would snap our hand off to get him back for the 2nd half of next season.

Neville Kneville said:
I don't see why we can't do both, if necessary.

If Lopes can't force his way into the team with enough regularity, send him back out on loan. Give him the chance first though. Several of the rags' famous bunch had a try in the first team, weren't quite there, were loaned out, then came back in. Same with Harry Kane.

No reason we can't do the same with our kids. I bet Lille would snap our hand off to get him back for the 2nd half of next season.

That's true... and it gives the management a chance to assess what their shortfalls might be and where to send them on loan. The club have seemingly chosen better loan options in the past season (aside from allowing Zuculini to rot in Spain).

It's going to be a major overhaul of our attacking midfielders this summer.

Nasri, Navas, Milner and Lampard could all leave.

Yes, 1 or 2 of the likes of Bale/Sterling/De Bruyne will come in, but there's still space for Lopes next season.

Hopefully Lopes gets an opportunity next season. If he gets one, I think he'll take it.

was going thru some old rock and roll pics, never noticed how much Marcos Lopes looks like Johnny Cash ... <a class="postlink" href="http://s1306.photobucket.com/user/Jaybirdie/media/CashColor_zps83a88fb9.jpg.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://s1306.photobucket.com/user/Jaybi ... 9.jpg.html</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.