Marcos Lopes

Unfortunately non of Portugals group games are in Wellington otherwise I'd go and watch. Going to one of the quarters though so hopefully I'll see him there.

Anyone know if any of our Ghanaian contingent represent their youth teams? Be seeing Ghana vs Austria and Argentina vs Panama.

He's looked knackered for the past few games tbh, his first season in an incredibly physical league looks to have worn him down, a bit like Barker at U21 level. The amount of giant black guys he's had to try and out muscle in France looks to have taken it's toll. I haven't watched much Ligue 1 before this year and I'm amazed how physical it is and how little they rely on technical skill

BigOscar said:
He's looked knackered for the past few games tbh, his first season in an incredibly physical league looks to have worn him down, a bit like Barker at U21 level. The amount of giant black guys he's had to try and out muscle in France looks to have taken it's toll. I haven't watched much Ligue 1 before this year and I'm amazed how physical it is and how little they rely on technical skill
What i've seen of him he looks the business. Do you think he will be good enough for a squad place for us next year.Or will he after go on loan again.
My gut feeling was he would make it at City. Just had that wow factor that not many players have.

summerseat blue said:
BigOscar said:
What i've seen of him he looks the business. Do you think he will be good enough for a squad place for us next year.Or will he after go on loan again.
My gut feeling was he would make it at City. Just had that wow factor that not many players have.
I think he'll do well as an impact player or someone who starts in the smaller games, as he's always trying to make a difference. He's still learning how to avoid getting bogged down in a physical battle with oppositions midfield (every french team has at least 2 Mohammed Diame's, usually 3 or 4) and needs to get into the pockets of space between the lines more often, as at the moment he only does it a few times a game, usually to great effect. He's still raw and hits sloppy passes, but I think that should sort itself out as he calms down and starts feeling he belongs.

He runs at people better than anyone we have and that would add an extra dimension to our attack, along with picking up an awful lot of freekicks. If we do play the 4231/433 slightly counter attacking formation of the last few games, then he should be perfect for that imo. The loan will have done him a lot of good toughening up, plus he should find life a lot easier back here where he'll get the ball 5 times as often and will have team mates capable of playing a one-two.

To me, there is no reason to send him back out on loan next season. Promote him to the first team and allow him to be Dave's backup. Anyone know if he needs a certain amount of time with the club before he can be considered homegrown? I know it has been a few years, I just don't remember the exact year we signed him.

KCblue said:
To me, there is no reason to send him back out on loan next season. Promote him to the first team and allow him to be Dave's backup. Anyone know if he needs a certain amount of time with the club before he can be considered homegrown? I know it has been a few years, I just don't remember the exact year we signed him.
2011 he signed for us, he's already HG but of course he's also only 19 so he'll be on the youth list anyway?

I'd have him in. If we are losing fat frank, Milner, nasri? Jovetic? Yaya? Then we will need 4 or 5 new midfielders / attacking players. He should be one of the replacements and lets see how he does.

Gaudion M said:
I'd have him in. If we are losing fat frank, Milner, nasri? Jovetic? Yaya? Then we will need 4 or 5 new midfielders / attacking players. He should be one of the replacements and lets see how he does.

He'd contribute more than Jovetic has this season thats for sure, and so in that we should view him as an upgrade on Jovetic, to what extent who knows but I suspect he'll be a valuble player for us, giving us the option to rest Silva to keep him at his best.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.