Marcos Lopes

Nice video, shows off his passing nicely as well unlike the usual just goals compilations. For me, that's the most exciting thing about him, his eye for an incisive pass. Not many players have that, especially combined with the ability to run at people. Very interesting to see what role he plays next season

BigOscar said:
Nice video, shows off his passing nicely as well unlike the usual just goals compilations. For me, that's the most exciting thing about him, his eye for an incisive pass. Not many players have that, especially combined with the ability to run at people. Very interesting to see what role he plays next season

I can see him playing mostly as an inside winger in his early days, a bit like Silva and Nasri, but I think with the more game inteligence he develops I think we will see him become more of an out and out number ten.

To be honest I can see him developing into a Reus or Sanchez type player, a player who can play anywhere behind the striker whether it being behind the forward or on the wing, but also has the abilty to run behind defences and get goals because his pace will allow him to do so.

I wouldn't be surprised if he directly replaced Milners gametime (if Milner leaves), so about 20-30 starts and sub appearances on either wing. As much as I hate the phrase, Lopes does put in a real shift so would probably be the most enthusiastic defender of our wide men. I think he tries a bit too hard though tbh, in the long term I wouldn't mind seeing him dropping his defensive workrate a bit and saving his energy and staying higher up the pitch when we don't have the ball, as he looks perfect for playing on the break (pace, directness and the ability to pass forwards)

Very interesting to see he's on that new advert for our new Indonesia insurance parter, along with Zaba, Negredo and Navas. Looks like he's being groomed to be the face of our academy/future

BigOscar said:
Very interesting to see he's on that new advert for our new Indonesia insurance parter, along with Zaba, Negredo and Navas. Looks like he's being groomed to be the face of our academy/future

He's ideal for our requirements.While we aren't desperate for cover in his position,his ability and level of experience is just about right for the good of the squad imo,the fact he is academy produced is a great bonus.

Looking forward to his progression next season.

FantasyIreland said:
BigOscar said:

He's ideal for our requirements.While we aren't desperate for cover in his position,his ability and level of experience is just about right for the good of the squad imo,the fact he is academy produced is a great bonus.

Looking forward to his progression next season.

I think he is one of the brightest prospects from our academy since Sturridge and will be, at the very least, a starting forward for a mid-table club in England, Spain, or France. I believe he'll be better, though, and will be a key player for us.

Hope and pray that the cocks don't get on his back when he has a bad game.....

support him and in time I feel we could have another Silva on our hands.

Petetheblu said:

I think that we should keep him with the squad, and give him a lot more time on the bench in premier league, not only cups and meaningless friendlies. We have to do that to show to our academy products, that there is a chance, and if they do well, they will get a oportunity. He is too good to not give him a go.
But I can't agree with Silva here. He strikes me as a much more direct type of player than Silva or Nasri are, he has a goal in him from everywhere , but also not as much direct forward as Kun or for example Suarez (shot from every angle, whenever I can). I think that he will develop to some kind of very attacking midfielder, or wide forward, like for example Alexis Sanchez is. We lack someone like him in some occasions, to take on defender one on one, make a great pass, or even try to finish it himself. Lad has a bright future, just hope it is with us, because it would be such a statement, that we want to develop prospects not just buy them.
I really hope to see him a lot on the bench next year, and get some 20-30 mins when we are winning 2 or 3-0

Dirak said:
Petetheblu said:

I think that we should keep him with the squad, and give him a lot more time on the bench in premier league, not only cups and meaningless friendlies. We have to do that to show to our academy products, that there is a chance, and if they do well, they will get a oportunity. He is too good to not give him a go.
But I can't agree with Silva here. He strikes me as a much more direct type of player than Silva or Nasri are, he has a goal in him from everywhere , but also not as much direct forward as Kun or for example Suarez (shot from every angle, whenever I can). I think that he will develop to some kind of very attacking midfielder, or wide forward, like for example Alexis Sanchez is. We lack someone like him in some occasions, to take on defender one on one, make a great pass, or even try to finish it himself. Lad has a bright future, just hope it is with us, because it would be such a statement, that we want to develop prospects not just buy them.
I really hope to see him a lot on the bench next year, and get some 20-30 mins when we are winning 2 or 3-0

I hope we seem him a lot too, we need to reward our academy players and Lopes is certainly worthy of a try.

From watching him I personally think his runs and high pressing style remind me of Tevez, though with a focus on creating rather than scoring. Obviously there is a long way to go between them but it's certainly a style of play which would fit in well with us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.