Marcos Lopes

sam-caddick said:
I really want to see this lad get some game time next season.

I have a feeling though that Jason Kreis will try and persuade City to get him on loan for a season at NYCFC.

From what I have seen of the league he would absolutely dominate, but I'm not sure that would lead to development (just as playing a very good 16 year-old in a U-15 league leads to little improvement).

I could see why Kreis would want him, though. I mean, Bradley Wright-Phillips is currently scoring hattricks for fun with RBNY.

With the potential of limited squad size, I can't see him going anywhere next year. He's essentially a free pick in the CL now that he's been here 2 years, so I'd imagine he'll be staying here

BigOscar said:
With the potential of limited squad size, I can't see him going anywhere next year. He's essentially a free pick in the CL now that he's been here 2 years, so I'd imagine he'll be staying here

Sometimes players come back looking a lot stronger pre season than they did the season before, so I hope they have a look at all the possibles, including the ones we have had out on loan, before letting anyone go out again.

Rekik has already pretty much asked to go out on loan again so perhaps he's a different case but the rest, including Huws & Guidetti, should all be checked out pre season before making any decisions imo.

I though he looked very good in the second half today and it was a shame he couldn't slot that second goal home because it would gave crowned off a decent showing for Pellegrini.

He still looks a boy amongst men at times but that's why senior level is his next step, spending anymore time in the EDS I believe will just stun his development as his technical ability and footballing brain is good enough now to be put into senior football performances.

I can see us promoting him to be honest, either that or a loan in Spain would be perfect in my opinion.

I can't wait to see him in pre-season in the States, I am very excitied about this lads future at City.

Probably stating the obvious but if City do genuinely want a youth policy to succeed - there comes a time where you have to put faith in the best academy products. For City that means not trying to sign another fast attacking player this summer (like Gaitan/Di Maria) and instead increasing Lopes' bench and game time.

nomorethaksintimes said:
Probably stating the obvious but if City do genuinely want a youth policy to succeed - there comes a time where you have to put faith in the best academy products. For City that means not trying to sign another fast attacking player this summer (like Gaitan/Di Maria) and instead increasing Lopes' bench and game time.

This.

Time to be brave next season and promote this lad, our attack is top notch as it is and I reckon if we went out and bought another finished article we may just have balance issues to deal with and players not being happy because of more rotation.

I think Lopes will add something different, he is quicker and more direct than both Silva and Nasri but he can find the pass as well, I do think he will learn his trade on the wing then eventually move more centrally when he becomes more game intelligent but I reckon his runs from out wide coming in and running behind the defence could be something of use to us next season.

I reckon if he has a decent pre season this summer he will get promoted and be given some game time in the league, maybe not starts yet but sub appearances, either way I am excited to see if he can impress in the States in July.

Come on Marcos.

sam-caddick said:
nomorethaksintimes said:

This.

Time to be brave next season and promote this lad, our attack is top notch as it is and I reckon if we went out and bought another finished article we may just have balance issues to deal with and players not being happy because of more rotation.

I think Lopes will add something different, he is quicker and more direct than both Silva and Nasri but he can find the pass as well, I do think he will learn his trade on the wing then eventually move more centrally when he becomes more game intelligent but I reckon his runs from out wide coming in and running behind the defence could be something of use to us next season.

I reckon if he has a decent pre season this summer he will get promoted and be given some game time in the league, maybe not starts yet but sub appearances, either way I am excited to see if he can impress in the States in July.

Come on Marcos.

100% Agree.

This lad has the potential to be a top top player. With his current ability and the potential he possess, we cannot just risk farming him out to some lower league side. From his limited time in the first team, he has been outstanding.

I agree with what some are saying in regards to him being more direct than Nasri or Silva, which is true. He is a lot stockier and has a fantastic burst of pace which the other two do not possess. As an inside forward out wide he is more than effective. He also has the confidence to play at this level (Just look at him against West Ham) His attitude also seems very good. I bet the EDS will miss him if he does (and I hope he does) step up.

He reminds me a lot of Pedro at Barca. Or Sanchez. If he ends up near either's level i'd be very happy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.